News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WWI German Medalbar with Ottoman Life Saving and Hidjaz Railway Medals

demir

That is a great bar! I have never seen those last two medals before. I bet that they are both very rare. Do you know the number of those lifesaving and rail road medals awarded?

HELLO,

NICKEL RAILWAY IS APP. 30.000, LIFE SAVING I HAVE NO DATA.

BUT I THINK THE BAR IS MADE BY THE OWNER. BECAUSE THE RIBBONS OF THE OTTOMAN MEDALS ARE NOT ORIGINAL COLORS.

RAILWAY RIBBON COLOR IS: GOLD- RED, SILVER- GREEN, NICKEL- RED

AND LIFE SAVING RIBBON COLOR DEPENDS THE NUMBER OF BRAVERIES SHOWN: 1- GREEN 2- RED 3- WHITE AND 4 OR MORE TIMES ALL THREE COLORS.

ALSO, THE DATES MAKE IT INTERESTING BECAUSE GERMAN MEDALS MUST HAVE BEEN GIVEN AT LEAST 6 YEARS LATER, BECAUSE THE IRON CROSS IS DATED 1914.

SO either THE PERSON WHO HAD THIS BAR WORKED IN THE RAILWAYS AND LATER FOUGHT IN THE WWI :D or SOMEONE CREATED A scenario :banger:

demir

Edited by demir

I know the seller and am pretty sure it was not him who made the bar, on the other hand I cannot swear it is old and real assembled bar. Who knows, after all that time.

However, with rare foreign medals, we see often non-matching ribbons on German medal bars - as well on original ones.

Guest Rick Research

The ribbon for the second German award is that of the 1920s Kyffhäuserbundmedaille--

and not the ,,Treu dem Regiment" Kreuz on there now.

Exotic foreign awards often baffled German outfitters. The 1905/1911 Bavarian Army Luitpold Jubilee Medal ribbon in last place was frequently pressed into service as just about anything Ottoman!

The 1905/1911 Bavarian Army Luitpold Jubilee Medal ribbon in last place was frequently pressed into service as just about anything Ottoman!

Any if that were not funny enough, I have yet seen a German ~1936 group that used a Romanian ribbon instead of the mentioned Bavarian...

Outfitters! :speechless:

• 3 weeks later...

I know the seller and am pretty sure it was not him who made the bar, on the other hand I cannot swear it is old and real assembled bar. Who knows, after all that time.

However, with rare foreign medals, we see often non-matching ribbons on German medal bars - as well on original ones.

Hi,

I asked the seller, but did not receive a reply so :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Demir Abi ,

Hurmetler ,

Honestly , i can not say that i like this bar either..

The Hicaz Railway is not on the Hicaz Railway ribbon , it must be a pink ribbon on a bar , and the Life saving (Tahlisiye Medal)'s ribbon is absolutely wrong , must NOT be lined , it must be a soft plain green ribbon...

All the best ,

Avsar Ibar

Dear Demir Abi ,

Hurmetler ,

Honestly , i can not say that i like this bar either..

The Hicaz Railway is not on the Hicaz Railway ribbon , it must be a pink ribbon on a bar , and the Life saving (Tahlisiye Medal)'s ribbon is absolutely wrong , must NOT be lined , it must be a soft plain green ribbon...

All the best ,

Avsar Ibar

Dear Avsar,

Yes I know as I have mentioned these concernes of mine in my earlier thread.

The main reason why I bought this bar was the value of the medals on it seperately.

Now I have 3 medals 1. Iron Cross 2. Hicaz railway 3. Life saving

I used the ribbons for the medals which they belonged and add real ribbons from my stock on the above mentioned medals.

All the best

demir