News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DKiG Holder U-Boat

Hi Y'all

parently is a very interesting doc-grouping from a u-boat-member and holder of the DKiG for sale on miltaria321.com. Here is the link to it

http://www.militaria321.com/auktionsdetails.cfm

interesting question for me is the date of the award (08.06.1945). Based on the german law about war awards no award after 08.05.1945 was allowed.

In his Soldbuch and 'Führungsbücher' are entries about the u-boat badge, u-boat-clasp bronze, silver and both classes of the IC.

In this case this brave former member of U 751 served after the war in the german navy again. In his german navy Wehrpaß is now also an entry about the DKiG. There is also a pic from him in his navy uniform with his medal bar (mod. 57) where the DKiG is clearly visible.

Any comments or information about this unusual case are wellcome

greetings Walle

• Replies 61
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walle,

Your link only seems to go to the home page for Militaria 321, not to this specific lot. Need to know the item number or at least the key word for a search.

cheers.gif

Item nr.: 0005635267

U-Boot – Deutscher Kreuz Nachlass…….

Looks like a nice set. There are several DK winners who are not acknowledged in any of the books so-far published. The fact that he can be seen to be wearing the miniature 57er DK on his ribbon bar and the entry for the award is in his Bundeswehr Wehrpass suggests that he was officially accepted as being entitled to the award.

I can only guess that some documentation was found which supported the fact that the award was granted.

Hi Gordon,

thanks for your reply to this thread and sorry for the problem with the link. This grouping is/was discussed in some german collectors forum (SDA /MFF) but you have to be registered to see the pics.

Veit Scherzer has listed him in his book about the DKiG holders and I know that Veit Scherzer has listed only the proven awards. So the date after the end of the war remebered me at awards of the IC for removing landmines in Norway. The german minesweaper unit (GMSA) in Norway started under british command right after the offical end of the war. Klöcker served as on several minesweaper units in the Bundesmarine from 1957 on. Could it be that he got his DKiG for that duty ?

Besides this I've never seen a Leistungsbuch from a crew member of a u-boat. In this grouping a two of them. Where there in the property of the soldier during the war like a Soldbuch, because there are all the same entries about awards and sea commands as in a Soldbuch.

greetings

Walle

This is 99% DKiG Holder:

Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 -1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II seite 235 / Klaus Patzwall nad Veit Scherzer

+

Base confirmed from BA

+

opinion of Bogdan Melnik

+

Photo's

The question is : What will be the price ?beer.gif

Hi Bogdan

interesting pics. Have you bought the grouping ? I saw that it was not sold at militarie321.com.

greetings Walle

Hi Walle,

usually Bogdan use ,,Cook'' on forums (if you mean Bogdan Melnik from Moskow) ;)

Pics are from Klockers WA Albom. Yes i bought the grouping. Yes it was not sold at 321.

Regards,

Dobri

Hi Dobri,

congratulations for this outstanding grouping and sorry for the misunderstanding with 'Bogdan'. Imo a very interesting peace of german navy history. Hope you'll post that grouping here

greetings Walle

Hi Walle,

usually Bogdan use ,,Cook'' on forums (if you mean Bogdan Melnik from Moskow) ;)

Pics are from Klockers WA Albom. Yes i bought the grouping. Yes it was not sold at 321.

Regards,

Dobri

Hi Dobri,

congratulations for this outstanding grouping and sorry for the misunderstanding with 'Bogdan'. Imo a very interesting peace of german navy history. Hope you'll post that grouping here

greetings Walle

Hi again Walle,

no problem. Of course i post it, but there is over 100 mb files and over 160 photos and GMIC att. limits are 110k/1msg speechless.gif

I take a week cheers.gif

Regards!