News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The medal bar of GFM Walter Model

So someone made a copy of Model's staff!? I guess what's more interesting is HH actually describing it as such!

Not of Models staff but of some Field Marshalls batons (Rommel, Model, Göring, Dönitz and some others), one could see them at the MAX and SOS and also Weitze offerd one, over some years. They were all made not to cheat somebody but as high quality copies for collectors who want to have items which are not available as genuine awarded items. I heard five of each were made but I do not have a proof for this information.

Edited by militaria0815

... I heard five of each were made but I do not have a proof for this information.

Three for the Elven-kings under the sky,

Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,

Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,

In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

One to rule them all ... :cheeky:

One to rule them all ... :cheeky:

If you have better infos please share them w us. I myself have seen several items and all were sold as collectors copies.

One to rule them all ...

Please Mr fairy tail man let us know what you think to know better. :speechless1: :speechless1: :speechless1:

Please Mr fairy tail man let us know what you think to know better. :speechless1: :speechless1: :speechless1:

Mr. 08/15, I know Tolkien better then you (plural?).

Relax; it was my failed attempt at humor.

Your previous comment reminded me of a rhyme out of Lord of the Rings, "Herr der Marschallstäbe".

I tend to forget how serious some of us are. Please accept my apology if I offended you.

Edited by Naxos

Serious theme or not...........

One to rule them all ...

exactly this is it what seperates gmic from a lot of other forums - the humor and brain power of its members , very up-level humor.... :beer: If there is no space and time for some things like that , collecting life will be banned behind the gate of Mordor in darkness....

and now back to Mr.Model and the real life.... :P

One to rule them all ... cheeky.gif

Awesome reference - I thought it was quite wittybeer.gif

Mr. 08/15, I know Tolkien better then you (plural?).

Relax; it was my failed attempt at humor.

Your previous comment reminded me of a rhyme out of Lord of the Rings, "Herr der Marschallstäbe".

I tend to forget how serious some of us are. Please accept my apology if I offended you.

Accepted. Who the hell reads books like that? :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Me not... :whistle:

I knew someone who faked these Marschallstäbe. I don't know if it's these here we are talking about, but he won't produce any more. On the other hand, there was no severe limitation. He might have made more, or less than said here. Who knows...

Not to hijack the thread... but yes, many of us are avid Tolkien fans.... not only do I read all the trilogy books... repeatedly, but I also ponied up to the bar for the "Super-Secret, Deluxe, Boxed, Director's-Cut versions of the movies! You have not really experienced the vison until you have watched all 17 hours of the film back to back!

What a fascinating thread and wonderful bar! When they say "piece of history" what they refer to are bits like this. :)

An Imperial conspiracy theorist might ask something like 'Have we see a sudden upswing in bars that are one or two of a kind, or might belong to a GFM or other luminary? Perhaps not a Rommel or Richtofen-type luminary but something a bit less amazing but totally collectible to those in the know?'

The odds of that happening would be pretty high, right? But if so wouldn't one expect some sort of fake provenance as well? Or maybe said purveyor of these astonishing fakables is wickedly evil enough to slip these out without documentation and wait for those fortunate few intelligent enough to recognize them for what they allegedly are to plunk down wads of cold, hard cash? :cheeky:

I want to believe the bar is good and I believe only one man could have worn this bar. But did Model wear this bar? I don't know. :speechless:

• 1 year later...

Hi Paul,

Yes, I saw it too!!! ;)

Auszeichnungen des GFM Walter Model (see Wikipedia: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Model )

• Eisernes Kreuz (1914) II. Klasse am 20. September 1914
    • Bayerischer Militärverdienstorden IV. Klasse mit Schwertern am 29. März 1915
    • Eisernes Kreuz (1914) I. Klasse am 19. Oktober 1915
    • Ritterkreuz des Königlichen Hausordens von Hohenzollern mit Schwertern am 26. Februar 1917
    • Mecklenburgisches Militärverdienstkreuz II. Klasse am 22. November 1917
    • Österreichisches Militärverdienstkreuz III. Klasse mit der Kriegsdekoration am 22. November 1917
    • Türkischer Eiserner Halbmond am 22. November 1917
    • Verwundetenabzeichen (1918) in Schwarz am 27. August 1918
    • Spanienkreuz am 31. Mai 1939
    • Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz II. Klasse am 22. September 1939
    • Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz I. Klasse am 2. Oktober 1939
    • Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber am 29. August 1941
    • Verwundetenabzeichen (1939) in Gold am 25. Mai 1942
    • Medaille Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 am 15. Juli 1942
    • Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes mit Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten
    • Ritterkreuz am 9. Juli 1941
    • Eichenlaub am 17. Februar 1942 (74. Verleihung)
    • Schwerter am 2. April 1943 (28. Verleihung)
    • Brillanten am 17. August 1944 (17. Verleihung)
    • Nennung im Wehrmachtsbericht am 21. Februar 1942; 3. September 1943; 5. August 1944; 19. April 1945

Now I got the complete mecklenburgian Militärverdienstkreuz roll from 1848 until end...

According to this roll: Walter Model got his MVK2 on 21.11.1917 as Oberleutnant im Leib-Genadier-Regiment Nr.8.

regards Seeheld