News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Baghdad, Iraq Police patch

bmsm

This ia a Police arm patch for Baghdad,Iraq. It is 3.75 in. diameter and is embroidered. The number 104 is the number for the Police in Baghdad.

The translation at the bottom of the patch is: Iraqi Police.

Bob

• Replies 171
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a Police arm patch from Al Mosul,Iraq. It is 4.625 in. high and 3 in. wide and embroidered.

The translation is-

Above: Iraqi Police

Below: Ninavah (Al Mosul) Police

This ia a Police arm patch for Baghdad,Iraq. It is 3.75 in. diameter and is embroidered. The number 104 is the number for the Police in Baghdad.

The translation at the bottom of the patch is: Iraqi Police.

Bob

The lower Arabic translates as "The Nejdah Police".

Regards,

Owain

Owain - really interesting to see these - thankyou. What period would they be - current , or the old Government. I must say that to see the old historical names of Baghdad and Ninevah - dating back 5000 years was quite exciting. Do you have some more Iraqi Police items you can show ?

Apologies to 'bmsm' who I see actually started the post. First names help prevent these mistakes !!!

Edited by Mervyn Mitton

Owain - really interesting to see these - thankyou. What period would they be - current , or the old Government. I must say that to see the old historical names of Baghdad and Ninevah - dating back 5000 years was quite exciting. Do you have some more Iraqi Police items you can show ?

Apologies to 'bmsm' who I see actually started the post. First names help prevent these mistakes !!!

I wasn't sure how Iraqi Police Arm patches would be received instead of badges so I didn't post any more.

Bob

Hi - Bob - so glad we have a name - I kept thinking it stood for some of those weird initials they us in the US ?? I personally thought they were interesting and it would be good to have more on the Iraqi Police in general - after all they feature in the paper nearly every day.

What period are these from - the three stars - weren't they from the time when Egypt and Syria made a pact ?

I wasn't sure how Iraqi Police Arm patches would be received instead of badges so I didn't post any more.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Any chance you might have any extras to trade? Drop me a line on my e-mail: keeneagle@verizon.net

Thanks in advance

Ed

The lower Arabic translates as "The Nejdah Police".

Regards,

Owain

Owain,

Thanks for catching the error on the translation. That is what happens when working overtime and then trying to do a quick post and not checking what was posted. Nejdah in Arabic means "rescue" so the translation should be "Rescue Police".

Regards,

Bob

Owain,

Thanks for catching the error on the translation. That is what happens when working overtime and then trying to do a quick post and not checking what was posted. Nejdah in Arabic means "rescue" so the translation should be "Rescue Police".

Regards,

Bob

This is an Iraqi Police glazed chest badge (front and reverse) used after 2006. The size is 2.125 in. long and 1 in. wide. It has a manufactured pin on the reverse. Does anyone know what this style of pin is called?

Bob

This patch is for the Ministry of Interior,General Directorate of Oil Police.The patch is machine sewn,5.5 in. high and 4.875 in. wide at the arc.

Arc translation: Ministry of Interior

General Directorate of Oil Police

Bob

This patch is for the Iraqi Ministry of Interior, Iraqi Police. The patch is 5.56 in. high and 3.625 in wide and is machine sewn.

Translation of arc- Ministry of Interior

Below: Iraqi Police.

Bob

This is a set of Iraqi Ministry of Interior, National Police Command patches. The set consists of two shoulder patches, two arcs and a chest patch. The patches are 3.625 in. wide and 5.125 in. high. All are machine sewn.

Translation of patch: below- Ministry of Interior

National Police Command

Bob

Well done Bob - with the present situation in Iraq these are going to attract a lot of interest. Are they all current ? Would be nice if someone could add photos of the uniforms showing the patches being worn ?

I was going to post a picture of one of the patches being worn on a uniform in Iraq yesterday from another web site but it didn't work. I don't know what I did wrong but will give it another try later.

Bob

This is a Iraqi Traffic Policeman arm patch. It is 3.75 in. in diameter and made out of a felt like material. It was used at the end of the 1970's or beginning of the 1980's. After the embargo was placed against Iraq in 1990, they had to make their own patches,badges and medals and the quality was not good. Before 1990, their patches,badges and medals were made outside of Iraq and of very good quality.

Bob

These are Iraqi Police Academy shoulder patches used form the 1980's to the 1990's, shield type, 4.375 in. high, 3.125 in. wide, covered with plastic, and has three snaps on the reverse to attach to a uniform.

Bob

This is a Iraqi Policeman arm patch. It is machine sewn, 4.375 in. high and 4.125 in wide. It was used after 2003.

Below- Iraqi Police.

Bob

Edited by bmsm

This is a Baghdad, Iraq Policeman arm patch. It is machine sewn, 4.625 in. high and 3 in. wide. It was worn after 2003.

Above; Iraqi Police

Inside map: May God make this Country safe

Below; Baghdad Police