News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

That is the silver military service medal from Württemberg awarded duing WWI. From its appearance I would say it is late war. It is rather a common medal.

Hallo Paul, I think you are on the wrong way. Its not the silver military servis medal. I have about 25 such medals.

Greetings Uli

It appears to be OEK 3009. Per Nimmergut, 166 awarded between 1897 and 1918 (including 3 to women). Original issue pieces should have the engraver's name "K. SCHWENZER" below the bust. The ribbon is black with two yellow stripes (just the opposite of the Bravery Medal).

I hope this helps.

Now, while we are on the subject, below is a civil merit medal on the lifesaving ribbon which Eric Ludvigsen

bought rather shortly before he died. He told me that there were some awards where the civil merit medal

was awarded for lifesaving merit.

Does anyone know anything about this?

The lifesaving medal was awarded since 1897. The time before, when no lifesaving medal existed, the civilmerit medal was awarded for lifesaving, in silver and gold too. After 1897 those persons, who had got a civilmerit medal for lifesaving, could ask for the new ribbon ( § 10 of the statutes). Look for more informations in my book about the lifesaving medals.

Best regards

Kapitular

Edited by Kapitular

It appears to be OEK 3009. Per Nimmergut, 166 awarded between 1897 and 1918 (including 3 to women). Original issue pieces should have the engraver's name "K. SCHWENZER" below the bust. The ribbon is black with two yellow stripes (just the opposite of the Bravery Medal).

It is a original issued piece with "K. Schwenzer" below the bust.

Greetings Uli