News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello gentlemen!

Does somebody know something about this mistery chevron? I have seen two other photographs in the book from Charles Wooley. There it was unknown too. My photograph is unwritten an not stamped. Note that the shoulder straps are missing. I can recognize prussian buttons.

One of the photographs in Wooleys book shows the same background with the same table.

Thanx a lot in advance!

Edited by The Prussian

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Has no-one an idea, please?

I've scoured my references and have drawn a blank - sorry, no help whatsoever. I did however want to make mention that I have compared your picture to the one on page 251 of Woolley's book and wish to congratulate you on the background / table pickup. Well spotted. Definitely the same studio.

Regards,

- Brett

Hi Brett!

Yes, I also couldn´t get any informations in several german forums. One possibility is, that he was a "Handgranatenwerfer". Some soldiers marked themselves with those unofficial patches, like stars or letters. Why not a chevron?

I stil hope I coud get some infos about the unit because of the studio, the pic was taken. Maybe somebody has photos with that background, and the studio is named? Any small references could help!

Hi Brett!

Yes, I also couldn´t get any informations in several german forums. One possibility is, that he was a "Handgranatenwerfer". Some soldiers marked themselves with those unofficial patches, like stars or letters. Why not a chevron?

I stil hope I coud get some infos about the unit because of the studio, the pic was taken. Maybe somebody has photos with that background, and the studio is named? Any small references could help!

If you have a spare € 169,90, the answer may be in here: Die feldgraue Uniformierung des deutschen Heeres 1907–1918 :cool:

I think, it will be cheaper to pick them up personally in Austria...

From Germany the shipping would be 52€ (5-10 kg) or 82€ (10-20 kg) to Australia.

BUT, the books are brilliant and in one or two years you don´t cry about the postage anymore...wink.gif

Edited by The Prussian

• 3 years later...