Serbia - KARAGEORGE BRAVERY AWARD

• 4 weeks later...

Pozdrav Pajo druze moj biggrin.gif

Thank you for your good words.

Despite the fact that you have a broken Star here, it's still very rare, Arthus Bertrand Mark maker Karageorge IV class.

You had to see this version you got without crown above 2 head Eagles in Mint condition, astonishing....

Nevertheless,family item as you said and you are proud I am sure about it as you had to be a real fighter, even among Officers to get it...

I like it a lot.

Cheers Paja beer.gif

Pozdrav Emanuele, hvala:)

You're right, I am very proud of this order and my ancestors, before WW2 many of them were officers.

In that book* we talked about, there are lists of how many Karageorge stars with swords were awarded.

Karageorge star with swords I class total 17 Serbs 3

Karageorge star with swords II class total 18 Serbs 4

Karageorge star with swords III class total 198 Serbs 118

Karageorge star with swords IV class total 1317 Serbs 1146

Karageorge star with swords in gold total 1111 Serbs 1074

Karageorge star with swords in silver total 2285 Serbs 1449

Cheers

*Vitezovi Karadjordjeve zvezde sa macevima (Knights of the Karageorge Star with Swords), Tomislav S. Vlahović

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Not my collecting area but I picked up this nice 1914-1916 Silver class Karageorge award from Dublin yesterday.

Does anyone can determinate the maker?

212956358505e6_o.jpg

213102919b14fa_o.jpg

Edited by Noor

No need to comment. I needed quickly some funding and I sticked this cross up on sale. Because from where I got it, I am sure it was awarded to someone from any local Irish regiments, who fought in Balkans, but unfortunately I can't confirm it and I just can't keep everything, what I have and do not fit with my current collecting interest.

Edited by Noor