News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fake Chinese medals sold by big name catalog/store

mmerc20

I have lurked in the forums for awhile, always reading, but never posting, but decided to chime in with a concern I have.

I'm sure a handful of you out there have either recieved or read the Smoky Mountain Knife Works catalog. Some stuff is nice, but yeah, they sell a lot of crap too. What concerned me was they are selling a 10 piece lot of "Chinese War Medals" (see here: http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/product.jsp?Mode=Text&SearchText=chinese&SKU=SMRR222 )

I had a handful of these that I acquired about a year ago and discovered that these cheap construction medals were fake. Now it seems SMKW is selling fake medals too.

I'm trying to determine if they have worded the sale a little vague so if they are accused of selling fakes they are covered. No where does it say they are "authentic issue medals". All it says is they are "authentic relics", well.....yeah, that doesn't tell anyone anything. And, "ages, styles, and materials vary". Well of course they do.

I've been to the store once before and they seemed pretty nice, but I wonder if they would even care to know these were fake. Probably not.

Mike

Guest Rick Research

If they are decent folks you've dealt with before, it wouldn't hurt to let them know. They almost certainly have no clue at all.