News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Perfect wound badge collection

• Replies 165
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Don't really go much for 3rd Reich stuff any more but decided to add a set of 1939s (mostly thanks to DaveB) to go with my Imperial Wound Badges.

Cased Tombak Gold (30, needle pin) case with Hauptm?nzamt label

Cased Zink Gold (unmarked)

Cased Tombak Silver (30, Wide pin) case with Hauptm?nzamt label

Cased Zink Silver (65)

Boxed Black (unmarked, but mint example of the type with ultrafine stippled background)

Packeted black. (numarked, packet marked for Fritz Kohm Pforzheim)

A fine collection Gordon.If you would like to add a couple Imperials go ahead.Many wound badge

collectors collect both nazi and imperial in their collections.That is why you are finding both in this

thread

don

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Don ..We don't see the L/24 Wound Badges like this that often and ..I didn't know they had 2 different round pin setups, nice variation. Does yours show any traces of Gold finish around the hinge or on the Badge ? I can't tell but, it looks like yours has a Steel pin with some Gold plating/wash still showing. I'm not sure what to make of these now because on mine ...there also seems to be a slight residue of Gold on the back as well as the pin assembly . Is it possible that Zimmermann made a Gold in this lightweight pattern and that's what we both have ?

Good day...Yes mine does have gold on the steel pin.Also on my catch there is a oval plate that fits

into the oval part of the badge.You can see the outline on yours.Anyways on mine the catch fits

into the oval plate.Nice to see another example of round pin L-24

don