lilo

With or WITHOUT swords ?

Hi All,

I would like to have your help to try to understand if the Order of St. Anne (3rd class), an Italian Admiral received with the below document, is With or WITHOUT swords.

I have attached an abstract of the awarding document below (If needed I have a very High Resolution photo of the entire document that I can send only by email)

Who can give me an answer ?

Best Regards

Lilo

Edited by lilo

Hello

As far as I can read this is not specified : only "Order St Anne 3 rd class"

Maybe on the rest of the document ?

Please send to : patasacha@free.fr

Regards

Pavel

Hello

As far as I can read this is not specified : only "Order St Anne 3 rd class"

Maybe on the rest of the document ?

Please send to : patasacha@free.fr

Regards

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

As requested I sent the full size resolution to your address !

Please let me know also your simple guess.

Regards

Lilo

Hi again Pavel,

can you please let me know the exact awarding date (taking it from the document) of this Russian Order ?

I would be interested in day/manth/year.

Thank you

Lilo

Hi Pavel,

As requested I sent the full size resolution to your address !

Please let me know also your simple guess.

Regards

Lilo

Hi Lilo,

Date is : 6 September 1904 (period of russo-japanese war)

Regards

Pavel

Hi Lilo,

Date is : 6 September 1904 (period of russo-japanese war)

Regards

Pavel

Hi Pavel

Many Thanks

Regards

Lilo

Hi All,

I would like to have your help to try to understand if the Order of St. Anne (3rd class), an Italian Admiral received with the below document, is With or WITHOUT swords.

I have attached an abstract of the awarding document below (If needed I have a very High Resolution photo of the entire document that I can send only by email)

Who can give me an answer ?

Best Regards

Lilo

Have there been any developments regarding the SWORDS or WITHOUT SWORDS? What is protocol for Imp Rus. documents, if not mentioned, do you assume it was issued without? I would think an Admiral would get a with swords version of an award.

Have there been any developments regarding the SWORDS or WITHOUT SWORDS? What is protocol for Imp Rus. documents, if not mentioned, do you assume it was issued without? I would think an Admiral would get a with swords version of an award.

Hi Claudius,

I had no further imput as you can see.

Pavel kindly told me that this document don't show if this Order is with or Without swords.

Although I also think that an Admiral should receive an award with swords, My personal opinion is that if not mentioned is should be a NO swords award. This is based on my observing of many awards made to british military personell that received the version without swords. I think, but I'm not sure, that the award of an Order with or Without swords depend on the fact if the particular situation that generated that award is for war (or something of similar ???) or not.

Regards

Lilo

P.S. As you I also wait for the answer by more unknwoledged people.

Hi Claudius,

I had no further imput as you can see.

Pavel kindly told me that this document don't show if this Order is with or Without swords.

Although I also think that an Admiral should receive an award with swords, My personal opinion is that if not mentioned is should be a NO swords award. This is based on my observing of many awards made to british military personell that received the version without swords. I think, but I'm not sure, that the award of an Order with or Without swords depend on the fact if the particular situation that generated that award is for war (or something of similar ???) or not.

Regards

Lilo

P.S. As you I also wait for the answer by more unknwoledged people.

Sure without.

The swords to Orders (Vladimir,Anna,Stanislav) were given only to participentes of battle and it could be written directly in document.

Best regards.

Hi Sergey,

Many thanks for your statement : it is very important to me !

Kind Regards

Lilo