News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I Have a book "Nova Scotia's Part in the Great War" Compiled and edited by M. Stuart Hunt (Captain R.O.), 1920. This is a great reference book it contains a lot of information and photos of Officers from Nova Scotia. It has KIA, WIA, decorations, promotions, etc. I am willing to share. I need the officer's name and unit at least. I will do my best to help those doing research. This is a free service. As long as I can keep up with the questions.

Note: I also have Kingslake's 8 vol. set on the "Invasion of the Crimea" 1868

Captain George Albert, Army Field Historian

George - welcome to to GMIC - I wish I had a question to ask you, but, Nova Scotia must be a fairly limited collecting field outside of Canada ? Would be interesting to know how many of our Members collect from this era ? Perhaps you could write something about the Campaigns they took part -in ? I see that you live in the US - does this mean you are in the US Army - or, perhaps live away from Canada ?

Best wishes - I am sure your expert knowledge will have everyone keeping you busy. Mervyn

I Have a book "Nova Scotia's Part in the Great War" Compiled and edited by M. Stuart Hunt (Captain R.O.), 1920. This is a great reference book it contains a lot of information and photos of Officers from Nova Scotia. It has KIA, WIA, decorations, promotions, etc. I am willing to share. I need the officer's name and unit at least. I will do my best to help those doing research. This is a free service. As long as I can keep up with the questions.

Note: I also have Kingslake's 8 vol. set on the "Invasion of the Crimea" 1868

Captain George Albert, Army Field Historian

George

Thanks for your very generous offer! One of the thinks that keeps me coming back to this site - even though I no longer collect - is not only the huge breadth of knowledge held by the members but their invariable willingness to share it! Welcome aboard, sir!

Peter (born in Pennsylvania, but raised in NS)

George

Thanks for your very generous offer! One of the thinks that keeps me coming back to this site - even though I no longer collect - is not only the huge breadth of knowledge held by the members but their invariable willingness to share it! Welcome aboard, sir!

Peter (born in Pennsylvania, but raised in NS)

Thanks for the kind words, only trying to help.

Captain George Albert

George - welcome to to GMIC - I wish I had a question to ask you, but, Nova Scotia must be a fairly limited collecting field outside of Canada ? Would be interesting to know how many of our Members collect from this era ? Perhaps you could write something about the Campaigns they took part -in ? I see that you live in the US - does this mean you are in the US Army - or, perhaps live away from Canada ?

Best wishes - I am sure your expert knowledge will have everyone keeping you busy. Mervyn

The book is about WW1 Nova Soctians. I am in the California State Military Reserve (State Defense Force). I retired from the California National Guard in 1991. Yes my rank is considered Army in the State Structure, Even though I am assigned to the Naval Research and Study element. If you google "California Service Medal" you will probably get one of my articles. Gooed Luck. Captain (CA) George Albert