News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I guess this jacket doesn't stand a chanse of beeing authentic but pls give me input so I can learn. I can see that the collar tabs are in a strange place.

I do not have access to any more pictures, I would like to have one of the stitching of the eagle.

Thank you

Peter

Edited by PeterL

From the limited photos, this APPEARS to be an original enlisted ranks tunic with insignia for an officer (major of Flight) added. The added insignia (again, from what I can see) appears to be original. The collar tabs are in a strangely low position and the shoulder boards are not well-sewn into the seams. In hand, more could be detected, but right now you have what appears to be a real tunic with real insignia. Who knows when they came together?

From my vantage point, it is an original enlisted tuchrock with original Major's insignia added. I have still not made up my mind on whether it was done post war or not. I would like to see more photos of the tabs and the other shoulder board, where it is seated into the shoulder seam. I would also like to see a photo of the underside of the collar, to examine the placement of the collar cord.

I have seen photos of officer's wearing the Tuchrock in the "field", so I can definitely seeing a frugal officer wanting to save his tailor made tunic for formal occasions and having a few enlisted types made up for everyday use.

Thus far, the main thing I do not like is that the collar tabs do not seem like they have been on the tunic for a long time... but it could just be the angle I am seeing.

What is the asking price?

Thank you both,

I have asked for more photos, I will post them when and if I get it. It's called "Viertaschenjacke" in the auction (never seen that name before)and the bid so far is 200€ but that has not met the lowest price. I have not yet started with collecting these but sooner or later I will and thats why I have an eye on the action

Regards

Peter

Thank you both,

I have asked for more photos, I will post them when and if I get it. It's called "Viertaschenjacke" in the auction (never seen that name before)and the bid so far is 200€ but that has not met the lowest price. I have not yet started with collecting these but sooner or later I will and thats why I have an eye on the action

Regards

Peter

Viertaschenjacke is a basic term to describe the garment as a "four pocketed jacket". There were actually two types of these tunics:

Tuchrock and the Waffenrock. The primary difference in the two is that the waffenrock was made with hooks so that the neck can be closed. The waffenrock was developed to replace both the Tuchrock and the fliegerbluse. While the garment was made in large numbers, it never completely replaced the tuchrock and fliegerbluse.

Thank you Paul,

Now i learnt something now today too!

If I just have bothered with looking at "Viertaschenjacke" a bit more I would have seen it's "fyrficksjacka" in Swedish. Lesson learnt, you can understand more German than you think.

Regards

Edited by PeterL

Thank you Paul and Juergen.

As this was the pictures I got from the seller and the auction ends today, I am unable to show more pictures. The price is at 300€ but have not yet reached minimum asked price yet. When i got the pics, I saw that I know the seller so I should be able to ask him what the lowest price was once the action has ended.

I don't think I will bid on it as I would like a more 100% textbook, but you never know.

Regards

Edited by PeterL

• 1 month later...