News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 4 months later...

Back of unmarked Destroyer Badge .

Have got the RCC cancer .( Or more correct they believe it`s the RCC ) .

Had to remove the right Kindey .

Was a tumor between 10 and 11 cm inside Kindey .

Was operated in end of July . Was at Hospital 8 days .

Had no syntoms before it was covered under a MR scanning becuase i had some pains no and the i right thigh .

But still have this pain in Thigh if I walks a lot , sems like that had nothing with Kidney to do .

Since Eastern to Operation I had ride 1150 km on Mountbike without any problems .

Jan Arne

Edited by Jan Arne S

Very nice example Jan Arne. Looks like a half-hearted attempt has been made to de-nazify the badge at some time ?

Sorry to hear about your health problem. Sounds like you were very lucky they found it when looking for the cause of your thigh pain. I believe renal cell carcinoma is one of the really nasty types so I hope they have removed it in time and nothing has spread.

Hi Jan Arne,

Very nice flat-back Destroyer badge! Pity somebody tried to denazify it.

Hope this unwelcome stowaway you've mentioned is gone for good and you will be able to ride your bike as good as before the surgary! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Cheers,

Hubert

BTW, I thought I ride my mountain bike quite often but never made 1150 km in a year, you must be kind of iron man!

• 3 months later...

Nice badges Chris.

The unmarked needle pin badge on the left looks like a nice early Deumer made piece.

Regards,Martin.

Hi,

As he was one of the first guys issued it, i always think it may be the one that was the first award type, but that is of course maybe a bit microcosmic...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

looking at the award Document dated for Oct 1940,and if the Deumer was the first badge he received then i would definately put Deumer as one of the early producers of the tombak Desroyer along with other makers such as Schwerin,Schickle and Meybauer.

Regards,Martin.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to all,

I bought these two zinc Kriegsmarine badge bargains at the SOS this past weekend: a L/21 U-boat Badge and a JFS Destroyer Badge. I was especially happy to get the L/21 U-boat, as I have never had one of those before. The Destroyer Badge is mostly void of finish, but at least it's original.

Best regards,

Tom