News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Not sure about this one at all. I think that "AUER" made air quality-test kits for the U-Boots ? It is a container associated with something like that. It looks post war to me though. It also has 3 welded "buckle" similar to that of a gas mask canister. Curious. Any opinions ?

Edited by Jesse

Hello ,

This is a very nice civilian gas mask canister !

the Kenn number RL 38/3 means that it was made by AUER and is an S-maske gasmask in a steel carrier . Any item that states that it is Luftschutz and is approved for resale is civilian and would never be found on a u-boat . This is a civilian cas mask canister that someone over the years added these emergency breathing mouth pieces . These black , hard rubber mouth pieces were used by the KM for shore installations and aboard surface ships , I know of no use / or pictures in use aboard any German u-boat . Anything with an RL number is civilian and would not be found on a front line u-boat !

Best Regards ,

Joe

Hello ,

This is a very nice civilian gas mask canister !

the Kenn number RL 38/3 means that it was made by AUER and is an S-maske gasmask in a steel carrier . Any item that states that it is Luftschutz and is approved for resale is civilian and would never be found on a u-boat . This is a civilian cas mask canister that someone over the years added these emergency breathing mouth pieces . These black , hard rubber mouth pieces were used by the KM for shore installations and aboard surface ships , I know of no use / or pictures in use aboard any German u-boat . Anything with an RL number is civilian and would not be found on a front line u-boat !

Best Regards ,

Joe

Joe,

Thanks for the help on this. I never guessed "civilian" canister. I really thought it was some post war gear. I guess Luftschutz is a bit better than Bundeswehr, not much though hahhahha.

Merry Christmas - Jesse