News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 106
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

The noncombatant MEZ2 is a stunner. Two choices:

either a medical officer in the field before commissioning 1864 still in Warrant rank OR some sort of Beamter/Veterinarian. The mounting style shows this was an officer, that far back. Absence of the XXV Years Service Cross means either

a medical officer BEFORE that many years time in 9and war year's counted doubled, so under 21 "real" years, with thes 4 war years) or

a Beamter-- they weren't eligible for the XXV until the regulation change of 1914 that only took effect after WW1.

With the right pre-1895 Rank Lists, he may pop up, if of the level shown. Officials in "Captain" equivalent down did NOT appear, sigh.

The Naval/Turkish group is just not identifiable from what I have: only a Red Eagle and the China/1897 service, "invisible" Prussian War Effort Cross, and unlisted during-the-war Turkish awards. Typical 1920s bar mounted TWM. What I find interesting is that the Liakat AND its bar are really-truly SILVER (nt recycled tuna fish can metal) and the wearer had a reinforcing strip professionally mounted behind the Liakat saers hilts so they would not snag and tear-- always a problem with those.

oooooooo Lippe-Detmold! Very nice bar and despite the fact that it's tough to find mounted; many collector's seem to overlook this small cross.

I agree. Although that is a very nice designed cross imo.

Nice additions, Ed. The 1870 bar is the best, i have ever seen :beer:

Gerd

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: You know, when you're speeding "downhill" fast enough, you get the illusion that you're actually on the flats. :rolleyes::speechless1:

:cheeky:

Those Saxe-Weimar crates have GOT to be about the ugliest things every devised by German awards designers. Rare for all that.

• 3 weeks later...

The thing that was especially nice with the Baden bar is the care that was used to mount it with its' original suspension intact... the awarded piece on the bravery ribbon as opposed to the more commonly encountered "spangen=stuch"

• 5 months later...
    • 4 months later...

Not the sort of thing I'd normally collect, but a historically interesting new group:

-- Eisernes Kreuz (1939), II. Klasse

-- Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42"

-- Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 mit Spange "Prager Burg"

Not the sort of thing I'd normally collect, but a historically interesting new group:

-- Eisernes Kreuz (1939), II. Klasse

-- Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42"

-- Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 mit Spange "Prager Burg"

ahhh, Ed collects nazeeeee awards :speechless1: Did you get if for free or were you forced to take it? :rolleyes: