News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Napoleonic Documents

Bear

• Replies 358
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In April of 1814 Marshal Augereau fled from his post the Army of Lyons to Valance. He learned of Napoleon's abdication and denounced him in favor of Louis XVIII. However learning of Napoleon's return switched again in favor of the emperor. Napoleon ignored Augereau and on April 10, 1815 was struck from the list of marshals.

Monsieur the Duke, the advantageous instructions which have been given me regarding the services of Monsieur le Petit de Courville, Adjutant Commandant, retired, at Caen, bind me to beg Your Excellency to grant him the decoration of the Royal and Military Order of St. Louis. I include with the present letter the circumstances of the services of this superior officer with a copy of a letter addressed to him by Monsieur the Lieutenant General Commandant of the 14th Military Division.

Order,

In execution of article 39 of the contract passed on the 19th of this month with the Citizens Guyot de La Pomeraie and Co. by the Commissioner-Orderly-in-Chief and approved by the General-in-Chief of the supply of food, bread, fooder and sundry supplies.

The Commissioner-Orderly-in-Chief will have 300,000 francs paid to Citizens Guyot de La Pomeraie and Co. as an advance installment on the advances referred to in article 39 of said contract. This sum will be taken from the credit of 1,500,000 francs, and replaced in that credit along with the payment of the funds coming from the Ligurian government.

I want to thank Jerome(Djedj) and Jacaranda for helping with the translation. I have a few others that I need help with and they can be found in the PERSONAL RESEARCH FACILITY under French Translatin.

thanks,

barry

Monsieur the Duc

In compliance with the provisions contained in the letter your Excellency made me the honour of writing me about the named Jacques Francois Dehoux, who has come back, after a short absence, to the Regiment Chasseurs a Chevel of the Garde Imperiale. I have given orders to the Capitaine of Gendarmerie de la Dyle, to have the proceedings that could be instituted against him stopped.

I have the honour of offering your Excellency the expression of my high regard.

The First General Inspector

The Marshal Duc de Conegliano