News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Napoleonic Documents

Bear

• Replies 358
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

State of the sums paid from the 300,000F and 500,000F funds granted to the representatives and generals of the Army of the Alps, by the orders of the Committees of Public Salute and of Finances, gathered on the dates of Messidor 6th and Fructidor 12th.

(Paid) on the orders from Rept. Real and Gal (General) Moulin 771,959.19.9

(Paid) on warrants from General Kellermann 11,040....

reamins available from the above mentioned funds. 17.....6

50,000F funds destined to the secret expensives, granted by order of the Committees finances and Public salute gathered on the date of Messidor 6th. 50,000F

Out of which has been paid on warrants from General Kellermann. 40,000F

Remains available. 10,000F

500,000F funds granted by the order of the Committees finances and Public salute gathered on the date of Vendemiaire 7th.

Note. Representative Real, in his letter of 7th Frumaire, divided this fund in two equal parts, he put 250,000F at the disposal of the General in chief and 250,000F, at the General Ordonnateur. The part at the disposal of the General in Chief is whole.....250,000F

General Victor Antoine Andreossy (1747-1819)

Royal and Military Order of Saint-Louis (Feb 20, 1791)

National Order of the Legion of Honor (June, 14, 1804)

Baron of the Empire (May 1808)

Minister of War Dubois-Crance (1747-1814)

I announce you, Citizen, that, based on the report I have presented them, the executive Director has authorized me through its order dated Vendemiaire 27th, to send their Commission documents to all the officers who have been promored to superior ranks by the Generals in Chief. As a consequence, your nomination to the rank of General de brigade, made on Theridor 7th Year 7 by General Masenna, is confirmed.

Until I have your brevet sent to you, you'll bear the distinctive marks of your new rank, and you will take advantage of the appropriate remuneration.

Salut et Fraternite,

Dubois-Crance

Bonsoir Jerome,

I thought at first it was Antoine-Francois Andreossy but realized that it was Victor-Antoine Andreossy.

Victor-Antoine General de Brigade 1799

Antione-Francois General de brigade 1797

Good catch on the Coup. First Julius then Octavian now Napoleon. Maybe on this day Napoleon was having his crown sized for his head. :speechless1:

In 1802 Bonaparte got three million votes which elected him Consul for life and just eight thousand against.

thanks,

barry

Victor Antoine indeed !

"Nomm? provisoirement g?n?ral de brigade par le g?n?ral en chef Mass?na le 25 juillet 1799, il servit ? Zurich le 15 ao?t, puis le 27 septembre. Il fut confirm? g?n?ral de brigade par le Directoire ex?cutif le 19 octobre 1799, et directeur des fortifications ? Montpellier le 14 mars 1800, avant d'?tre r?form? le 4 juin 1802."

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Antoine_Andr%C3%A9ossy

Cheers,

J?r?me

• 4 weeks later...

This letter dated October 25, 1798 while Brune was General of the Army of Italy. The letter wants Brune to pay his overdue bills.

Edited by Bear

During March of 1815 Marshal Brune swears allegiance to Napoleon. On August 2, 1815 while heading to Paris he was assassinated and his body was thrown into the Rhone River.

Edited by Bear

Surgeon Larrey served in almost all major campaigns and battles including Egypt, Russia 1812 and Waterloo. He amputated General Caffarelli's arm at the siege of Acre in Egypt and also Marshal Lannes leg at the Battle of Aspern-Eslling.

Edited by Bear

Marshal Louis-Gabriel Suchet

Born March 2, 1770 - Died January 3, 1826

July 8, 1811 - Created Marchal d'Empire (23rd Order)

January 24, 1812 - Created duc d'Albufera

Edited by Bear

We the members of the administration council of the 26th Half Brigade of the Line, certify having given his discharge to Citizen Bourgouin, second class surgeon, born in the Department of Indre, who has served with honor and integrity since the 10th Messidor Year eight to the first Pluviose of the present year, at which time his replacement has been carried out further to his offering his resignation, accepted by the Minister of War. As a consequence, the said Citizen Bourgouin is free to retire where ever he feels like.

Done in council, at Toulon, on the 18th of Germinal year ten of the Republic of France.

Edited by Bear

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am not sure if this document will fit here, if not, my excuses.

Louis Henry Joseph Bourbon, Duke and Prince of Cond?. (1756-1830) organized resistance to the armies of the new republic. he was father of the Duke of Enghien, who was executed on Napoleon's orders.

Letter signed " L.H.J. de Bourbon to a local magistrate, Mr. Booth trying to obtain a license necessary for a faithful servant, Brunet. Dated 20 august 1800

Edited by Humberto Corado