News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK 2 1870

Hi, this EK2 1870 is in my collection.

It is 44 mm width and 43,7 mm in height.

The Wiedeholungsspange is marked at the backside with:

JOH. WAGNER & SOHN

2 makermarks and 800 BERLIN. W

I am sorry, but i do not have a good picture of the backside.

regards

Herman

The cross is a horrible fake, looking nothing like a real one from the period. Details are all wrong. The oaks and spange are also suspect. Any day of the week you can find several of these combos on ebay.

• 1 month later...

The Wiedeholungsspange is marked at the backside with:

JOH. WAGNER & SOHN

2 makermarks and 800 BERLIN. W

Unfortunately the WHS is a fake as well, in my opinion. These kinds may be found frequently - sometimes alone, often attached to "Ninth Bead" fakes, sometimes attached to other fakes (as yours), and sometimes added on to original 1870 EK2s. I have yet to see a WHS marked with the "halfmoon" and "crown" (as I assume yours is) that I consider a period original. Known originals had none of these marks, and were often completely unmarked.

As for your oaks, I can't say one way or the other -- but judging by the company they keep, I'd be skeptical.

But... but... but, that same spangen is shown in wonderful, glossy, full-color photos in my $150 first-edition Iron Time! It must be original!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Scott