News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170418737079&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170418740876&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170418738655&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

So far....

Chris, I was bidding on some of these docs, as were probably a few others here. I only managed to get one photo, and got sniped on several documents from Prussia. It was the most incredible grouping I've seen in years. Unfortunately, it is now scattered to the winds, a real shame considering the extreme historical significance of these items.

I am not so sure.... these three were all won by the same guy... a guy with (0)

either

1) A guy trying to mess up the auctions

2) The seller bidding himself up

3) Some personwho really, really wants the group.

These are the only ones I followed... so I dont know what has already been sold and what is still to come.....

The bidding patterns do not indicate 1) or 2)...

On some occasions he didn't win and on other occasions he put in 3-4 bid even when he was the highest bidder (something you'll do if you want to raise your bid to be really sure to get it - the high bid will stay the same of course, because you can't bid against yourself).

Had he been a person wanting to mess up the auction or been the seller himself, he would just put in one really high bid.

/Michael

Hello everyone:

Some of Eichhorn's documents were offered previously in individual lots by Andreas Thies in 2007. It is a shame when such items are scattered. That unfortunately however is the "norm" now as dealers/auction firms split up items to maximize profits. Sadly, once this is done, they can almost never be re-united.

Best regards,

"SPM"

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Excuse the late reply, only now find this topic. I did manage to win a few items, one of them being an award certificate for the 1870 kriegsdenkmunze, which i consider to be the highlight of my humble collection so far.

The guy selling the items was an antiquedealer and a complete moron, he asked me a lot of shipments costs and then FOLDED THE PAPERS into a regular envelope, sticked a NORMAL stamp on it and thats how i got the envelope: folded and damaged!!! Unbelieveable how respectless some people treat such rare items. I haven't cried in years but was very close when opening the envelope.

In the meantime ebay banned him for listing German items, so i guess im just happy to have even recieved anything at all...

Did anyone else here get anything from the group? I also collect postcards and already had a few from him, couldn't believe my eyes when the group came for sale.

best regards,

Gaston

• 3 weeks later...

So Chris, did you get the doc? I was seriously tempted, but resisted the urge.

I did... just when I had cleared all my debts...

I figured it was a once in a lifetime chance. either this one... or forget about ever getting one.

I wrestled with my principles... and beat them.

now I have to tell the wife...

It seems he was in the 2. Garde landwehr Regiment... as I dont really "do" 1870 I have no idea what they did and where they fought....

Well done, you know how rare these formal examples are, and the recipient is a bonus. Is the signature original or pre-printed? As for the wife, just tell her you've been 'investing', works for me.

Hi,

I think it is the standard officers one for 1870 with printed Signature.

I am trying and trying and trying and trying to find an example or two (just a pic would do) of EKs to generals or higher 14-18... if anyone has something to show?

First off: congratulations Chris! This is one hell of a special certificate!

I was hesitating too but got scared when it went from 593 to 755...ouch...

Tell your wife that If EVER in the future you want to get rid of it you can just contact me. (only need to save a little first then ;-) )

Again congrats , this is great. We should do a nice topic on von Eichhorn and all add our items?

regards,

Gaston

• 4 weeks later...