News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here is a bar that came out of the woodwork in a motel buy in Atlanta a few years ago. A blade collector friend bought this and put it into a drawer after teasing me with it. I asked about it a couple of times a year and finally it was time for it to come to me. Funny how the EK is backwards.

Would there have been any RAO or KO neck pieces for the owner or did he never receive them?

I looked at the article and this should be a bar from a 7th Army Korp member.

Would there have been any RAO or KO neck pieces for the owner or did he never receive them?

Possibly, but very unlikely. If he had such things, he had them for a civil job, not as a Landwehr-Major or what he might have been.

I like those bars with LD1... actually not to common at all!

Here is a bar that came out of the woodwork in a motel buy in Atlanta a few years ago. A blade collector friend bought this and put it into a drawer after teasing me with it. I asked about it a couple of times a year and finally it was time for it to come to me. Funny how the EK is backwards.

I looked at the article and this should be a bar from a 7th Army Korp member.

It looks like the Centennial medal was shot at with a BB gun.

7th Korp indeed...A similar grouping of battlebars to a 77th Regiment gent I own (in the 7th Korp.).

Hi Chet, Happy New Year! Very nice bar, especially with what looks like the issued EK2 remounted after the Centennial Medal came out. I'm not sure what you meant by wrong ribbon on the LSC? Were not all the LSC's (regular & Landwehr) awarded on the blue LS ribbon? I know there were different ribbons associated with the spange for NCO's, but I have no memory of ever seeing the Reserve LSC on anything other than a standard blue LS ribbon?

In any event, fantastic bar!

Rick,

I think the blue is fine and that cross has been there for over 100 years. Look at the back and you can see where the ribbon was sewn so that a yellow edge stripe does not show. It took me a while to notice it in hand.

The EK is a Godet if I read the article correctly and very nice in detail!

Stogie,

I have looked around a bit and while I bet you are right I can not find a bar to prove it. I know that the black stripe was common and I have seen a few white stripes but no yellows. Anyhow, it is funny how that thing sneaks up on you. I did not notice it until I was editing my photos :speechless:

The blue ribbon with black, white and yellow stripes was actually the correct ribbon for active military EM/NCO long service awards up to 1913.

The Reserve/Landwehr service award only used a plain blue ribbon for both classes at any time. That's why they folded it so you cannot see the yello stripes. ;)

Here's a NCO who wore all threee active long service awards, with old pre-1913 ribbons. Actually, he should have worn only one, with a plain blue post-1913 ribbon... in ~1934!

:speechless: