News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

2 Types of Hamburg Cross? (“Das Deutsche Feldhrenzeichen”)

Hello People,

Today arrived my one new "Das Deutsche Feldhrenzeichen" (Hamburg Cross), but it have some different point of another this award of my collection. This award was manufactured only for one firm, "Fahnen und ORdenfabrik M. Fleck & Sohn". Is it possible have some diferent itens as these 2 awards?

Regards,

Schmidt

117xs8z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've never really looked into these before. I have 3 examples, including 2 recent arrivals. All are different (note the reverse "dedications"). I can't see one maker needing 3 variations, so I would have to assume that there was more than one manufacturer. I'd almost swear the example on the right has bronze coloured wreath/swords as well!

Regards

Mike

Edited by Mike K

As we can see, there are 2 types of pin/hinge assembly, which could indicate there was one producer of badge body but several retailers who assembled the hardware. But there are also shown two types of inscription - smaller and bigger letters, and that's strange, as the badge was officially forbidden after 1934/35. When the production started and how many were awarded?

OH, not to forget - it's a very nice and impressive badge for me! Still looking for one in my collection :( Thank you all for showing them!

There are fakes of these-I have seen them in catalogs!

I have never compared them. I wasn't even aware there were variations-but a new topic to look at closely.

Anyone know if there was a BDOS article on the subject?