News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kriegsmarine badges in wear.

Hello there,

Great thread with some interesting photos.

William Kramer

Lovely crisp photo. Any idea about the identity of the Admiral?

Is this the same guy?

b63loi.jpg

Edited by Odulf

• 4 weeks later...
    • Replies 309
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This one is a recent pick up.

Great photo,i think.

Twin brothers of the same rank,both radio operators and both with the Minesweeper awards.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

This one is a recent pick up.

Great photo,i think.

Twin brothers of the same rank,both radio operators and both with the Minesweeper awards.

Regards,Martin.

Amazing photo Martin! Looks like the only way you can tell them apart is by the darker waves on the left brother's Minesweeper badge!

Best regards,

---Norm

Looks like the only way you can tell them apart is by the darker waves on the left brother's Minesweeper badge!

Best regards,

---Norm

Good eye Norm,

only you would notice that :D

I was looking at the differences in their neckware and wristware.

Here is another photo that just arrived.Three NCO's showing the HK,Destroyer and Gallipoli Star in wear.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

Martin:

I was going to comment on how much I liked the portrait with the two minesweepers....T-H-E-N ....I saw the three person portrait with the HSK badge, Destroyer badge and Galipoli Star!

Yikes----That is an OUTSTANDING portrait!!

Joe

Thanks Joe,

unfortunately,there is no writing on the reverse,so no idea on what ship the HK recipient served on?

The photo did come in a typical folder with writing on the inside.

Regards,Martin.

• 5 months later...

Not much going on in the award department lately so i am really enjoying collecting photographs and here are a few more recent additions.

First is another potrait with the HK award in wear.

The reverse is dated Dortmund,1 November 1941.

Edited by Martin W

Thanks Gordon and Morten,

as i mentioned above there is not much going on in the HK award area.There are just a couple of awards that i would really like to add to the collection.along with HK award documents.

These items are hard to find so i continue to add photographs to my collection.I am getting very selective now but some really nice images can be be found.

Another new arrival with the Destroyer and SA sports badge in wear.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

Today I acquired a grouping of Walter Nehm, a sailor who began his career on an Auxiliary Cruiser (Thor) and then transferred to destroyers (a survivor of Z8 Bruno Heinemann and then served on Z31). Herr Nehm completed his service as an Obersteurmann. The grouping has many clearly identified photos of Walter throughout his career. Following are three different images of Walter wearing his HK and destroyer badges while a Gefreiter (on his pea coat), as an Unteroffizier in feldgrau, and finally a formal portrait in navy blue.

I will post more of this grouping later. It includes Nehm's soldbuch, KM Ausweis, Arbeitsbuch, and a handwritten letter to Nehm from Thor Kommandant Otto Kähler. The grouping is in an album compiled by Nehm and traces his life from HJ to the RAD and finally to the KM. Thought Martin might be interested...

Edited by Erik Krogh