News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

But who knows where or when?

Here's a series of photos, obviously staged, of an altercation somewhere in the mountains. The British uniforms seem to be WWII vintage, the others anytime from the Crusades to today.

Wait til you see the whites of their eyes.

Look out behind you!

Hello Tom!

This is just a guess but maybe movie stills. I think sometimes they take photos before they shot the event. This way the director can show the actors what he wants while filming.

or combat training photos... :violent:

I'm most likely wrong... :cheers:

1950's Sudan :beer:

thanks,

barry

Edited by Bear

Actually Barry I think you may be right on the spot! That's the very feeling I got when seeing these. Posed and probably movie related. But as you say could also be for training manuals and such. But I've been involved with movie props and such for a long while and I'm really leaning on the movie side of things.

Check out the nice looking wrist watch on the "tribesman" in pic number 2. Just seems rather out of place to me. I'm thinking simply extras dressed up for the part and doing their thing.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Edited by Hauptman

Plus the fact that in the first few the "tribesman" is doing away with the uniformed solder and then they are getting him. Now I assume that in a real situation the guy holding the camera taking these shots would have belonged to one side or the other (doubtful on the side of the natives) and so I doubt he'd merely be clicking away as one of his fellow soldiers was done in.

I'm 99.9% certain you are correct that these are movie stills or done for training manuals.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif