News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Infanterie-Regiment Bremen (1. Hanseatisches) Nr.75

Live and learn or better yet - get advice from GMIC! :cool:

I bought this thinking it was a photo of Fuss-Artillerie kanonieren. However, GMIC'er and resident Imperial artillery expert Chip advised that there was no Fuss-Artillerie Nr. 75; so, who are these guys?

Doing a bit more digging on my own, I found that Infantrie Regiment Nr. 75 was from Bremen. This postcard was printed in Bremen (no other writing on back and not postally used).

The soldier front row, third from right clearly has "75" on his shoulder straps; I can see this with a magnifying lens. (I know it can't be seen from this poor digital image - Yes, Rick Research I hear you...Epson. :whistle:)

I have seen read that the shoulder strap for Inf-Regt Nr. 75 on a Dunkelblau should be "white with a red 75."

So... Could this be Infantrie-Regt. Bremen (1. Hanseatisches) Nr. 75? And wasn't this the only infantry regiment from Bremen?

So much to learn.... :blush:

Edited by IrishGunner

Not every white prewar strap is from the foot artillery. More infantry regiments wore white than any other color.

Chip

Because they secretly wanted to be artillery?! :catjava:

Bwaaa haaa haaa Boonzaier! :lol:

Edited by IrishGunner