News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Reichsleiter Karl Fiehler Lord Mayor of Munich

Thanks for the nice comments. Another interesting note about Fiehler is that he had 3 daughters. One of which, according to a site on the Internet, married an American army soldier after the war. I can not find the site again and can not substantiant this information. If can one can provide additional information that would be great.

Wish I had ANY explanaion for his speechless.gif late NSDAP 15 and 10--

a) had to be APPLIED for-- and he just didn't care?

b) Himmler bossed him into appearing in "correct" all-included uniform... for what may have been a single fancy dress occasion?

First one is my guess, too. And I think that holds for other LS decorations (notably after WW1), too: if you didn't apply, you would not get it automatically. Some didn't care, they had enough already and didn't find it worthwhile.

Great find, Paul!cheers.gifbeer.gif

I tend to agree with the don't apply - don't get it. I have viewed many WWII German officer records and while all of their awards are listed and some with dates, I have never seen the Army LSC listed.

Guest Rick Research

Not actually a "find" since thousands of passers by have been ignoring it (and my identification) for years up here. :speechless:

More of an "adoption" and Gone To A Good Home At Long Last! :cheers:

• 3 years later...

A few pages of Fiehler's interrogation of June 15, 1945 is in Nuremberg Interrogation Records (fold3.com) helpful mostly to assess his travels before surrendering himself to the Americans. He downplays his role in wartime.