News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Something New

Thanks again.

Dave,

Bobby Dazzler??  I love it.

"Cheap as chips and its a right bobby dazzler" as said by the great David Dickinson biggrin.gif ......are you telling me Jim that you haven't heard of "The Duke"? tongue.gif

I'm sure my fellow Brit members will know who I am on about.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

A bit off topic, but I used to watch the BBC here late Saturday nights.

There were two I enjoyed. One was Keeping Up Appearences, and the other title escapes me, but it was about a female minister that goes to a small village. She was a chunky girl, but very funny I thought.

One other was about a group working in a department store that was pretty funny. And one that is still on I believe about a father and his grown son that live together and their anttics.

And of course Benny Hill. smile.gif Do you folks watch much American TV?? I don't watch much TV anymore, and I particularly HATE reality TV. I guess because of my job I like stuff along the lines of Law and Order, and CSI. I really enjoy Star Trek, but they are taking it off the air this year.

Oh well, back to the History Channel !! (Where TV is safe)

"Bucket residence,Lady of the House speaking!"...of course "Bucket" is pronounced "Bouquet"...yeah Keeping up Appearences was great!

The chunky girl is Dawn French and the programme is called "The Vicar of Dibley",another great show.

The department store prog is an old one,it was called "Are you being served"......the staff's catchphrase was "I'm free"

Not sure which one you mean with the father and son,unless its "Only Fools and Horses"? Delboy and Rodney were brothers.

My missus loves CSI and Law and Order,I try not to watch ANY TV....unless its about the War of course tongue.gif

Jim's a Trekkie!! biggrin.gif ,have you got an anorak mate? tongue.gif

The British programmes that you REALLY need to watch are the Blackadder series especially Blackadder goes Forth,fantastic mate!

Dave

Tony,tell Jim how good Blackadder is!