News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A State Security Question

Stogieman

Document to a Bulgarian MVR General.

My question is two-fold:

A) There is no award number? Or am I missing it?

B) I know that Alexei and Igor have both sold late examples of the State Security Honored Employee badge (gilded brass, enamels, no number on reverse) However, no one seems to really admit such a badge exists?

This is one of the few pieces missing from this group so I'd really like to get one and complete the group.... but what exactly am I looking for?

Thanks!!

PS: I believe this badge was awarded in honor of his 60th birthday in 1981. He also received a Hero of Labor and Dimitrov Order. I now own the photo album that was presented to him to commemorate the occassion... This may actually be a photo of the presentation of this badge. I just have not had time to scan and study every document yet...

I'm afraid we just don't know enough about these badges to give a definitif answer to your question.

Apparantly the more commo, type of this badge was produced in such "large" quantity that they were still being given out some 30 years after they were made.

I suppose at one point stock ran out and a new type of badge was produced, but when exactly????

Jan

(Precede with heavy sigh...)

Well, perhaps someday a list will appear IF archives ever open and I will at least be able to find out if he received a numbered award, what the number and then start searching the world for it..

I assume I am correct regarding the fact that no award number has been entered on the document?

Thanks all for your help!

My best guess, based on the fact that there is no number listed, the image on the cover of the document and that the term "honorary chekist" is used in the description on the document is that this document accompanied the badge listed as D 05 in Dr. Battushig's book. No number, brass and enamels and late seal.