News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Prussian Reserve-Infanterie Regiment Nr. 202

"Dear wife,

Today I am sending you another postcard of our platoon. Wherever I made a +, these men have been wounded. 2 men are dead, 1 missing, 5 wounded, and 5 men are still playing along, but they are now in reserve. The company has only 60 men left.

Many regards, Hermann".

1 missing, 2 dead and 5 wounded / Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 202>6519743227_4efeb77cf7_b.jpg
    1 missing, 2 dead and 5 wounded / Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 202>1 missing, 2 dead and 5 wounded / Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 202 by drakegoodman, on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a Militärpaß for someone who served with RIR203 - normally this is not something that I would buy, but it in a way compliments Koch's account because it belonged to soldier from the same company (4.) who was wounded (13.10.15) a month before Koch joined the regiment in the field (15.11.15).

Musketier Cornelius Körperich

22. Oktober 1895 zu Delhofen, Kr. Neuß, Preußen

Diensteintritts: 12.5.15 als Ers.-Rekr.

Truppenteil: Ersatz-Bataillon, Res. Inf. Regt. 203, Rekr.-Dep.

Versetzungen:

31.7.15 z. 4. Komp. Res. Inf. Regt. 203

[13.10.15. verwundet worden]

3.12.15 z. 5. Komp. E. Res. Inf. Regt. 203

24.1.16 z. 1. Komp. E. Res. Inf. Regt. 203

29.2.16 z. Landst. Batl. Nollendorf

[5.10.16 z. 9. Komp Infanterie-Regt 421] ?

discharged on 14.1.19

* he appears in the Verlustliste as Cornel Körperich from Gelhofen (843. Ausgabe, Seite 10864) casualty being leicht verwundet.

Edited by KenS

• 8 months later...

Found this about a soldier who died while serving with RIR202.

http://www.europeana1914-1918.eu/en/contributions/197

The contributor published a book as well, but I cannot find a copy - apparently it was only offered through amazon.de and is no longer available... :(

Einer von zwei Millionen: Suche nach Christian Nädler. Gefallen im Ersten Weltkrieg

Heinrich Nädler

Taschenbuch

Deutsch

81 Seiten

Erscheinungsjahr: 2012
    Verlag: Nädler, Heinrich
    EAN/ISBN-13: 9783000377044
    ISBN: 3000377042

• 2 weeks later...

I've dugout my other photo of my grandfather in uniform, and unlike I had long ago concluded, it appears to have a few clues that rule out he was in the field with 5. GRzF. No litzen and his shoulder boards appear to be for that of a reserve regiment. In my copy (an old later copy) it's impossible to see what number is on it, but perhaps on the original (although I'll probably never have access to it again). He was recently listed on the Verlustliste database, which confirms that he was wounded (lightly wounded, remaining with unit) - but he's on a list published in Sept. 1918 so no unit is given. If this was his only wounded then the information I have is that he was gassed, which caused him problems with one or both of his legs for some time after the war.