Hero and labour Hero of the Mongolian People's republic

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I underbid on the hero star recently sold at the Morton & Eden auction. 12k GBP (excl. fees for the auction house) was not an unfair price but more than I was willing to spend.

• 5 months later...

Here some documents apparently belonging to a Mongolian Hero (General Dorj) - documents supposedly intended to keep track of the money the receiver gets each month.

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_1274.JPG

IMG_1275.JPG

IMG_1276.JPG

IMG_1277.JPG

IMG_1278.JPG

Edited by Bob
  • 3 years later...

Yes, I did. I jumped on that one.

There's another one out there for sale, not that much more expensive. PM me if you want it.

• 1 month later...

Attached something that just arrived in my hands: Hero of Mongolia Gold Star nr 14

Unfortunately the name of the recipient is not listed in Urnukh's book but I believe I've narrowed it down to 3 possibilities. Hoping to nail this down further in coming weeks/months/years?

It took 10+ years of patience to fill this gap in my collection - a few more to go!

Pics not great quality - need a new phone.

IMG_3065.thumb.jpg.0f9222decc66f8d88f22a9e9b461329d.jpgIMG_3067.thumb.jpg.f0740d724f15dbafd977ef5cde87b4a6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2019 at 04:56, fjcp said:

Congrats Bob!

Wonderful addition. The blue book help at all with narrowing down the suspect?

jan

Based on Urnukh's book and public lists I believe I've been able to narrow it down to 3 possible names (am assuming that it was awarded as it's part of the first batch of 20 produced and more were ordered). Given the very good condition, my hypothesis is pointing towards one name in particular and that is further reinforced by what appears to be in the big blue book full of awardees (i.e. that the other two options both passed away in 1939 and were awarded the Hero title posthumously if not mistaken without the gold star). If I am correct, the person who was awarded will be very easy to research and it will be an interesting one: German Titov (Soviet Cosmonaut). All it is right now is an educated guess though. If anybody here has access to German Titov's family members that would possibly enable me to validate the nr.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Latest edition of JOMSA with a BEAUTIFUL Hero Star on the cover. Looking forward to read the article!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the current economic environment there is lot of items appearing as trees get shaken.

Here is what just came into my hands - hero star with serial nr 20

assuming it is not an unawarded bank escapee (condition plus the high cost of such item for the mongolian government to reorder probably means it is not), my hunch is it was awarded to either of these two soviet cosmonauts:

• Nikolaev, Andrian Grigorevitsh, Gen-Major Aviation, 31.5.1965
  • Beljaev, Pavel Ivanovitsh, Col, 1967
will require patience to confirm377E19AB-C148-48CB-968D-B23BD1E1C8FE.thumb.jpeg.e35f85793a6acbb1fa916f6d18bd605e.jpeg44BEA77A-A160-41D8-82BD-976C9AED769D.thumb.jpeg.fb1950c072e6b32db8053f4fe174291d.jpegF100E936-B93D-447B-AEEE-61CDD4D0A0F9.thumb.jpeg.85251e12757e7ed1dec459fa1581d512.jpeg3C2A2972-2AD3-4904-B64D-636E92A5DEC9.thumb.jpeg.2e7dc798bddff4bbc6f0454704926798.jpegD0B1A5C6-B05D-406B-B68E-828F1208757D.thumb.jpeg.602de9886d4aa0d3fcbc3b4f086c75ca.jpeg

C20027FA-FEAF-4FCB-8247-37B6B2E7E3F0.jpeg