News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hero and labour Hero of the Mongolian People's republic

Vatjan

Thanks, Bob. The dealer seems to be a good guy who (other than that Labor Hero) seems to have good stuff and seems to care about having good stuff.

Not only is the item a pretty obvious fake, but as we know there is no reliable way to link numbers to the "Sky Blue Bible". Soon there may be . . . .

Edited by Ed_Haynes

• Replies 260
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, scanning the site he has some very nice items. Also, can't feel bad about a dealer who puts an SB on his front page :cheers:

While we cannot provide scientific "proof", I hope he doesn't mind his Soyombo being discussed here.

The soyombo offered to me (162) was purported to be part of a group (belonging to an SB which I bought a few weeks ago) but right now there was no document available. Am still hoping the dealer can trace down the award booklet and then we might be getting a step further... Soyombo is an area of concern / curiosity, that's for sure.

but as we know there is no reliable way to link numbers to the "Sky Blue Bible".

please forgive me for ignorance on this very point but...

what is this reference?

is this the Khendemleh and Tomorbaatar's "Names of Persons of Outstanding Merit " book?

please forgive me for ignorance on this very point but...

what is this reference?

is this the Khendemleh and Tomorbaatar's "Names of Persons of Outstanding Merit " book?

Correctemundo (as Fonzie would say)

• 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Asashoryu Receives Highest Award in Mongolia

Written by Ch.Sumiyabazar

Tuesday, June 16, 2009.

Mongolia-born grand champion of Japanese ancient sport of sumo, Yokozuna Asashoryu or D.Dagvadorj in Mongolian, was beautified with the Hero of Labor, the highest state award, last Friday along with an accompanying Order of Sukhbaatar. The awards were presented by incumbent President N.Enkhbayar at the Government House.

Asashoryu, 28, is the 68th grand champion of professional sumo wrestling, and he took Emperor’s Cup 23 times in the past.

“He has continued to produce new records in sumo and has also been a source of encouragement for Mongolian athletes to perform well in the Olympics and world championships,” Enkhbayar said.

“I’m really happy to receive this award,” Asashoryu said. He would like work hard to continue sumo wrestling.

Asashoryu became the 11th recipient of the highest award from the sportsmen. Last time, N.Tuvshinbayar, who became the first Mongolian to win a gold medal at 2008 Beijing Olympics, received the Hero of Labor award.

On the same day, Ozeki Harumafuji or D.Byambadorj received State Merit Award.

• 2 months later...

Does anybody here have any insight / information on the post-revolutionary titles "Determined Hero" (sometimes also mentioned as "Firm Hero")?

I suspect this pre-dated the Hero titles as we know them (and perhaps didn't come with a gold star) and am wondering who/how/what regarding this title.