News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Heinrich Schmidt-Schmiedebach ID Help

Hello Folks,

A couple of years ago I received a binder with correspondence from several German Officers, some General Officers. It is all post-war material concerning what I can make out to be veteran associations. I have identified several of the officers that include some German Cross in Gold winners and at least one Knight's Cross winner. Pleased to have these signatures even though they are post-war.

There are several that I have been unable to identify through my limited research skills and limited library but about half of them I have not. Some of the letters are typed and some are hand written which makes it next to impossible for me to read. Attached is a letter from Dr. Heinrich Schmidt-Schmiedebach which I have been unable to find anything about.

If anyone has any information concerning Schmidt-Schmiedebach or can tell me anything about him I would certainly appreciate it. I have several others that I need help with also.

Thanks, Terry

He was an Artillerie Leutnant in the Wehrmacht

apparently he participated in this great British documentary:

Wow! Thanks for your help. I have all the episodes of The World at War. I'll have to see if I can find that episode. Incidentally Stephan Ambrose is interviewed several times in that documentary and I have personally met him several times. He is buried in a small private family cemetary not far from where I live.

Thanks again, Terry