Vatjan

ORDER OF THE RED COMBAT BANNER

Border Guard Lt. Norpil Jambaa taken in 1945. Jambaa was awarded two Red Banners in 1939 for his actions in Khalkhin Gol. He was later bestowed the title of the Hero of MPR.

Edited by Tsend

Does anyone have a good idea for fair market price for the ORBCV #2,3,4 awardings?  I have only found two #2s on the market and they were $1995 on collectrussia and €1050 for #221 on another site. The latter is probably a mint escapee.

I also have a second question.  Does anyone know exactly how many ORBCV, 2d awards, were actually issued?  Is consensus that it is still less than 100?

Here a documented one to a soviet general

Order number 410 is for sale in a Finnish auction if anyone is interested to know. 

The same auction also sells a Order of the Polar Star number 492...

On 19/02/2020 at 12:16, JohanH said:

Order number 410 is for sale in a Finnish auction if anyone is interested to know. 

The same auction also sells a Order of the Polar Star number 492...

What is the website?

It is www.holmasto.fi

The auction takes place this saturday

Thanks for flagging that auction. Not many Mongolian items but the prices were pretty good.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Blog Comments

• Brian, Thanks for initiating this discussion. For me, it’s a combination of the thrill of the chase, the history behind the item, and the aesthetics, although this latter factor may seem a bit strange to some. To illustrate this, the very first thing I collected as a kid in the 1950’s was a Belgian WW1 medal, for service in 1914-18, which is bell shaped, with a very striking profile of a very dignified soldier, wearing an Adrian helmet which bears a laurel wreath. It was the image that
    • Thank you for sharing your story, it was most interesting and greatly appreciated, it makes this blog well worth the time to post. Regards Brian  
    • Hello I started collecting when I found my first Mauser cartridges in a field next to my parents' house next to Armentières. I was eight years old.  Then shrapnel, schrapnell balls, darts... That's how I became a historian. When I was 18, we used to walk through the fields with a metal detector to find our happiness. It was my time in the army as a research-writer in a research centre that made me love the orders of chivalry. I've been collecting them for 24 years now. Christophe
    • Thank you for your most interesting comment. The thrill of the chase didn't interest me in the beginning but over time it started to overshadow the act of simply adding yet another medal or group to the collection. Regards Brian  
    • I know the way I got into collecting is like so many other people; through a sibling. I also know that my love of history is barely unique in a place like this. So I know I have a shared background with many people. A less shared area - perhaps - is that I've always loved the thrill of the chase. When I decide I want, say, a 1914 trio with an original bar, to a cavalry unit, the utter thrill of getting out there and, (a) finding groups that fit the criteria and, (b) comparing them re: ranks, uni