News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MAHLAS (PSEUDONYM) on the TWM

demir

HELLO,

AFTER RECEIVING A QUESTION FROM TIM TODAY I DECIDED TO PUT TOGETHER THE MAHLAS'S (PSEUDONYM) ON THE ORIGINAL AND THE PRIVATE MADE TWMs.

I ALSO INCLUDED THE TUGRA OF THE SULTAN RESAD.

AS YOU WILL SEE FROM THE PICTURES EVEN BB&CO HAS DIFFERENT POSITIONED MAHLAS'S. WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE MEYBAUER THE STYLE OF THE TUGRAS ARE DIFFERENT. SOME TUGRAS HAVE ARMS CURVED TOWARDS THE MAHLAS.

SOME MAHLAS'S ARE EGG HAPE, SOME ROUND. O THERE IS NO END TO IT.

IF YOU LIKE THE TWM YOURSELF, KEEP AND ENJOY IT.

ALL THE BEST

:love:

demir

Edited by demir

Hello Dimer,

I just read your first post and made a comment now you've posted this one and once again you've provided an indispensible reference source. Now I must add a TWM to my collection. :rolleyes:

Regards

Brian

Hello Brian,

Thank you.

The TWM is one of the good looking and sought after medals in the recent years. I am glad that you want to get one for your collection.

Best wishes

:beer:

demir

Demir,

Many thanks for that information! I see so many that have this Mahlas rotated in various angles and wondered if it was something the manufacturer didn't really understand when attaching it to the star, or if it was something a collector needed to pay attention to when looking for them.

Thanks again! :beer:

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...

Hello Infantry,

Your right it does say El Gazi, i believe that the Ottoman Sultan who commisioned the TWM ( Sultan V Mehmed Han) also went by the title of Gazi. Not 100% sure, but maybe Demir Abi Or Avsar Abi can validate that.

Regards

Murat

Demir Bey,

Madalyadaki mahlasta Reşad değil el gazi yazıyor bilginize

Demir Bey,

Madalyadaki mahlasta Reşad değil el gazi yazıyor bilginize

Selamlar,

Elbette Harp Madalyasinin (Canakkale Madalyasi ) üstündeki mahlas "El Gazi". Ben hiçbir yerde Resad demedim. Lutfen daha once burada yazdigim su yaziyi okuyunuz :

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40119&st=40

Ayrica ayni bolumde 19 ekim 2009 da yazdigim yazida da " Tugra'daki Resad ile Turk Harp Madayasi'ndaki "El Gazi" arasindaki fark" diye belirtmistim.

Yine de bilgi icin tesekkurler.

demir

Hi,

Of course the mahlas on the TWM is El Gazi. I did not say it is Resad anywhere. Please read my threads :

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40119&st=40

Please also see in the same page a thread Posted by me on 19 October 2009 - 00:06 says:

"THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE "RESAD" IN THE TUGRA AND "EL GAZI" ON TWM (Turkish War Medal)."

Thanks for the info anyway

demir

Selamlar,

Elbette Harp Madalyasinin (Canakkale Madalyasi ) üstündeki mahlas "El Gazi". Ben hiçbir yerde Resad demedim. Lutfen daha once burada yazdigim su yaziyi okuyunuz :

http://gmic.co.uk/in...pic=40119&st=40

Ayrica ayni bolumde 19 ekim 2009 da yazdigim yazida da " Tugra'daki Resad ile Turk Harp Madayasi'ndaki "El Gazi" arasindaki fark" diye belirtmistim.

Yine de bilgi icin tesekkurler.

demir

Hi,

Of course the mahlas on the TWM is El Gazi. I did not say it is Resad anywhere. Please read my threads :

http://gmic.co.uk/in...pic=40119&st=40

Please also see in the same page a thread Posted by me on 19 October 2009 - 00:06 says:

"THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE "RESAD" IN THE TUGRA AND "EL GAZI" ON TWM (Turkish War Medal)."

Thanks for the info anyway

demir

Edited by murat2010