News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

. But in MHO we can not assume, that all the others around have our knowledge or our point of view to compare a medalbar with a shrine or Egyptian antiquities.

Kind regards, Komtur.

I agree.

I sometimes find it ironical that we as collectors dont see that.

For example, I would not really bother to keep my great-great grandfathers walking trophies... but would his war medals.

Someone else may say "he was really proud of the trophies... he never spoke about the war..." and toss the medals.

We value them more than the average citizen... especially one who cannot see anything interesting in wars and suffering.

Best

Chris

• Replies 76
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to write to her about the fantasy of the name and I want to know where did she find the name for this combo ? She is truly not an historian and not a collector like us.

She probably has found the bar and try to sell to best offer on ebay. But like she can't answered to our questions, nobody should bid on it atfer seeing and reading that. That's my opinion.

Christophe

I am posting the image of the bar, because once the single medals will be sold, this bar is gone forever... I think I might have been interested, but the conditions are quite bad... and in the past I already paid dearly just for keeping or restauring medal bars which are nice but I could loose a lot of money, once I decide to part with them... If she wants to sell the medals separately, it's bad, but it's her choice and there isn't much that we can do to prevent it... :blush:

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

Has anyone made her an offer or suggested a reserve? It seems to me that would be a much more positive approach.

I agree. That has a much better chance of success. But the listing was pulled and I think she is not open to any other communication from "men" right now. She will likely find another outlet to sell it piece-meal.

Thank you Claudio for capturing the image here. It can be used for reference and added to the collective knowledge of all known bars.

I made her a rather high offer considering the condition and received no response whatsoever. If she continues to break the group, I will bid on the pieces that interest me. However I am also quite sure that she now has an overly-inflated, fantasy-realm thought regarding the value of the piece(s). Reality is there's maybe $2800.00 worth of individual pieces there and for me, that's a serious maybe given you have no clear idea what the condition of the enameled orders are from the images she has shown. If every single piece was mint-pristine, including the ribbons, I could see more. Frankly, even as an ID'd bar, in my eyes the only thing on the bar that makes it truly special is the presence of the Saxon VO1x.

@ Stogie: I completely agree with you. I wouldn't give more than Eur 2'000.- and it's already quite a lot considering the overall conditions and also some badly chipped enamaled order... it's difficult to see from this picture, but usually StHO RK on medal bars in better conditions than this one have always some small chips; I can imagine that this one is quite heavely chipped (see the inscription around the medallion) also on the back and the FEK is completely rusted. That means that also the other medals can be affected quite badly. Furthermore we didn't see the picture of the back (maybe the fabric on the back is completely gone and eaten by moths). The owner already took away the medals from the bar and to put them back, sewing the ribbons again, everybody would see that the bar was completely restored and therefore could even loose more value. Yes, the Saxon VO RK 1. Kl. is very nice and very rarely seen on such bars...

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's back and only $18,500! Read the description - if it does not sell it at this cheap price she will again split it up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWI-WWII-GERMAN-OFFICER-SERVICE-MEDAL-BAR-SAXONY_W0QQitemZ320501647046QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9f6306c6

Edited by CRBeery

Well, it's back and only $18,500! Read the description - if it does not sell it at this cheap price she will again split it up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWI-WWII-GERMAN-OFFICER-SERVICE-MEDAL-BAR-SAXONY_W0QQitemZ320501647046QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9f6306c6

Some people?

eb.jpg

hello,

if she is a real professional person, we have to send her some german's auction link (like thies and HH) and she will probably open her eyes about the incredible and irrealistic price she wants. Even if I have such money in my count I will NEVER pay such price for a medal bar, never.

If she wants to sell medals separatly, do it. But I'm not sure that one day she will have such price at the end. If only we can boycott her

That's life

Christophe

I for one find some parts of her listing quite arrogant!! :violent: And the price.... :speechless: A shame this beauty will now be destroyed in just 6 days time when this auction ends because no-one in their right mind would pay that much for a bar in that condition...i know i wouldn't and couldn't! :ninja:

Christophe, i am with you...a boycott is just the thing! :cheers:

Matt

Also if she sells the orders separately I bet she won't get together more than a third of her asking price, since some of them are chipped or damaged.

Such a waist of time and money... Sometimes greed takes over common sense; like in this case... I only hope that she won't find a naive and rich buyer, but I dare to think nobody is stupid enough to spend such money on a such already taken apart, bad conditions and uncomplete medal bar!

:angry::speechless:

ciao,

Claudio