News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Well Gentlemen, what we seem to have here is an ideal blend of greed and ignorance, which when mixed

with “a little bit of knowledge” of which it is said is a dangerous thing, can only produce disaster and

disappointment. :speechless:

I fully agree with M Hunter’s observation that she has become quite arrogant, even threatening (“... IF THESE

MEDALS DO NOT SELL IN THIS LISTING ,  I WILL SEPERATE THEM...”); and her statement that “PEOPLE HAVE

PAID MORE MONEY FOR A BASEBALL CARD”, while quite true, is an absolutely ludicrous comparison. Closer

to home, she might like to know that Victoria Crosses and high Soviet and Imperial Russian orders regularly

sell for six figures.

And then there is always “... IF YOU PLAN ON CONTACTING ME JUST TO MAKE REMARKS , KEEP THEM TO

YOURSELF , WHAT HAS BEEN DONE , HAS BEEN DONE.” Are you kidding? I think that I was married to this

gal back some years ago. :speechless1:

Take comfort that in the end she will be disappointed with what she gets and will wind up wondering

what went wrong. :shame: What goes around comes around.

• Replies 76
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then there is always “... IF YOU PLAN ON CONTACTING ME JUST TO MAKE REMARKS , KEEP THEM TO

YOURSELF , WHAT HAS BEEN DONE , HAS BEEN DONE.” Are you kidding? I think that I was married to this

gal back some years ago. :speechless1:

I am sorry to hear that from you Chris... here in Sweden where I currently live and work, woman are very attractive but also very emancipated and extremely bossy... :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

menopause

Now, now...my mother is a woman in menopause. Even in jest, we don't want to insult her because she is a woman. We want to insult her because she is an verbally-abusive, narrow-minded, greedy, terrorist. Even if she is not going to behave in a gentlemanly manner doesn't mean that we shouldn't. After all this is the "Gentleman's" Military Interest Club open to both genders and we do have at least one other woman here.

and i'm sure women can appreciate my comment just as much as men. menopause is a fact of life. if you can't laugh at life, then you are doomed.

anyways, if you have been following this seller's comments and updates on her auction, it's fairly evident that her mood was set by the initial notifications she received from concerned parties. something along the lines of, "leave me alone, you bossy and overbearing men..."

p.s. my comment was not meant as an insult. i'm merely stating a possibility. cheers.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

She's back. Not only arrogant, but ignorant. I hate those kind of people. She wants to know how many crosses were awarded to make more profit.

"Q: I checked your reference, and it indicates FOUR TO FLIERS, not just 4 swarded Mar-24-10

A: read it again knights cross with CROWN AND SWORDS, I have searched wikipedia and alot of other sources , I have yet to see one picture of this medal that contains all these elements, swords, crown, and wreath, and on some of the wreaths they have different colored enamels dots, these are blue , I have found different versions but never seen another one like this listed anywhere,i was quoting a military sight , not stating I know the true numbers nor do alot of people that actually are well versed on medals they all have conflicting numbers on this one, the medal is rare , its a buyers call.IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION SHARE IT."

Very impressive

I have ask her one question, we will see the answer

Christophe

An interesting fact.... "someone" bid on the Hohenzollern RKmX @ $1699.... they have exactly two (2) bids, both to this seller ;>)

Despite the "I will not list this again statement.... there it is on eBay.... again.... at a lower price.

Frankly, she can list all she wants, not one of the individual pieces is priced what it is worth. $1,300 for a trashed SHRK..... not even I am that stupid and I'm pretty certain no-one else in the US or Europe has yet to come close to buying a St. Henry for what I used to willingly pay.

She's going to keep racking up an awful lot of money to ebay before she figures out she's making some serious overestimates of value.

Wikipedia as a valued resource..... really? I can go to Wikipedia right now and declare the value of these items to be $12.00 each. I can write anything I want there. I guess they wouldn't publish it on-line if it wasn't true..... eh?

Well she's still got to list the remaining 3 awards from the original group. I wonder what price she'll be looking at receiving for those? If she gets anywhere near her "Buy it Now" prices .... then I'll be selling off my Saxon bars for sure, then I'd live in luxury well into my very old age :D

Mike

Edited by Mike Huxley

I put her items on my watch list and have asked her to put the complete set up for auction again because it is worth much more as 1 group and i am eager to bid >15k for the combined group.

Of course, I am not ACTUALLY going to bid on it, just having a little fun at the expense of the destroyer of history. :cheeky::shame::blush: :43:

I am sorry to hear that from you Chris... here in Sweden where I currently live and work, woman are very attractive but also very emancipated and extremely bossy... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ooooooooh Claudio.

We can only wish... :beer:

I put her items on my watch list and have asked her to put the complete set up for auction again because it is worth much more as 1 group and i am eager to bid >15k for the combined group.

Of course, I am not ACTUALLY going to bid on it, just having a little fun at the expense of the destroyer of history. :cheeky::shame::blush::43:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320509235205&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT :speechless:

Yep, she confirme to me as well via eBay message that she's putting the group back up as one. I insisted on going via eBay because it is a more secure way of bidding. Time to put the new lising on my watch list:)

• 3 months later...

She is still trying to sell it. It has come down 10000. Perhaps in another year or so the price will be realistic: http://cgi.ebay.com/WWI-WWII-GERMAN-OFFICER-SERVICE-MEDAL-BAR-SAXONY-/320562409539?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa3023043