News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolian Chekist ID Card

Stogieman

This was cheap, and I absolutely love riddles. Seller said it's a Mongolian KGB ID,

Ministry of Internal Affairs of MPR to Comissar Dashbalbar, on reserve.

Date of Service: May 07, 1946

Name: Senior Leutenant Jadamba Dashalbar

Duty: Senior Comissar of Secret Service, 1942

Guest Rick Research

Great-- you know somebody who READS MONGOLIAN??????

Ain't a worda Russian in there. Nottaclumee. None, zip, zero, naaaaaada.

Guest Rick Research

His "doltoy" was Akhlaldigkhl''ch, his "odogtoy" was Zhadambaa, and his "bol" was Dashbolbar. SOME of them are maybe his names, but don't all sound like, and at least one too many, for other Mongolian names I've encountered, so there.

On 6 October 1942 something happened :rolleyes: which made his "kheltsuudad" Zhinkin' Kommissaraar.

The stamps are "N. A. Kh. Yamny" around the circle and "Bolosokh khuvnii Khyeltyes" in the middle. THAT explains it! (Pssssst, I don't think Babelfisch is going to woik on THIS one!)

There anything ELSE in there?

Run with it, like a young yak in the spring when the snows of winter have finally melted!.... :jumping:

The doc was offered to me before, very expensive at the time, saying it was a "secret" KGB doc, very hush hush. :ninja:

I asked one of my Mongolian friends what he thought about it and this was his answer:

"It is not a real KGB document. It certifies that that guy served in KGB."

This is all I know I hope it helps.

Babblefish might not work but this might, if you have the patience, and cyrillic fonts :P :

http://batbold.com/?dict

Jan

This is actually a one year card for the trans mongolian tramway. The man has paid for a year and is allowed to sit in the first class section of the tram.

With my limited Mongolian, thats what I read out of it :rolleyes::lol:

Reminds me of the time when I was in budapest and some guy showed me what must have been a subway card or bowling club photo ID and tried to confiscate some dinero i had just exchanged on the black market.

best

Chris

Well, it was cheap and that runs right in line with what the seller said and what Rick thought. Simply a "you have served and now your retired" document. Perhaps this entitled him to some sort of priviledges like free soup, or "get out of jail free" when the newest group of KGB came a knockin' at the door!

• 1 month later...

I have a similar doc that was ID-ed as a KGB honorary certificate. Isn't an ID supposed to have a photo. :unsure:

I have a second one, that is older, which is, supposedly, also a KGB honorary certificate.

I asked Dr Battishig for a translation, but apparantly they are in old Mongolian and he is looking for someone to translate them to new Mongolian, then he will translate them to English.

He will post them, with translation, on his website, which is currently under construction.

Jan