News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two France ribbon bars?

Noor

Hi all,

Here is my two ribbon bars and as far I know they are from France WW1 era.

But what I do "not like" is the reverses, so I would like to confirm with you guys that this type of pin system and the clutch back was in use with that era bars? i have around 4-6 this period France bars and non of them I have seen something similar!speechless.gif

Combinations - is it common enagh or is it fine?:

1. Legion of Honour/WW1 War Medal

2. Legion of Honour/Allied Victory Medal/WW1 War Medal

is it correct order of those award regarding reglementations?

To me, two place bar pin system looks like 100% same as a pre WW2 US bars had and also clutch back system is something what became to use from the States. Was there maybe any US personel attached to the France units and they received only those awards combinations above? They arrived to me some months ago with the other US bars as well. One of the bars looks like missing second row and was clutch back as well but I do not think that the US Navy guy had this three place combinations!?!?!

All the best,

Noor aka Timo