News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Netherlands : Badge for the Wounded

Gents,

Received this in the mail the other day ... an attractive design, I thought.

Instituted in 1990 and replacing the 'wound stripe' on the uniform's left sleeve. It is awarded to those wounded in combat in wars or international peacekeeping operations provided the wound was severe enough to need a doctor's administrations or hospitalisation.

The reverse is entirely blank.

[attachmentid=19852]

Guest Rick Research

THAT is not worn on the sleeve, is it? :speechless1: Even the large version looks like a stickpin with the huge long straight pin--

is that to be worn somewhere on uniform or only on civilian clothing? With all the sharp corners, it looks like something that will easily snag and pull right out with no attachment but a long straight pin like that.

Are these something which are issued or need to be bought?

THAT is not worn on the sleeve, is it? :speechless1: Even the large version looks like a stickpin with the huge long straight pin--

is that to be worn somewhere on uniform or only on civilian clothing? With all the sharp corners, it looks like something that will easily snag and pull right out with no attachment but a long straight pin like that.

Are these something which are issued or need to be bought?

Hi Rick,

The pin is indeed something to behold, almost doesn't fit in its accompanying box ! I would also recommend not wearing it on the sleeve (that was where the 'old' wound stripe went) and am under the impression that the uniform's lapel will do nicely :P

The badge is issued ... apparently : I'm still researching it all but have come across a mention of the local town mayors presenting veterans with it. So, I'm assuming the CO's of active military personnel will perform a similar duty without those entitled being forced to open their purses.

• 5 months later...

The large badge is worn on the military uniform on the left breast beneath the service ribbons, in the same way as proficiency badges. The miniature is for civil clothing and is worn on the lapel of a jacket.

Cheers,

Erik

• 5 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Chris,

Thanks for the reminder ... it is now and I've added a couple more for good measure :P

Cheers,

Hendrik

Couldn't find it in the new theme, so posted a new topic on Dutch decorations for the wounded in generally over there: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13326

Edited by ErikMuller