News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 61
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to chime in so late, but I am still catching up on reading old posts after a long period of business travel. One possible maker of the "Walter Schott fec" badges that has not been mentioned is Hugo Schaper. Schaper made all of the Naval Aviation badges, and Hugo Schaper's brother, Fritz, was a colleague and close acquaintance of Walter Schott when the two of them were students at the Akademie der Künste, in Berlin. It thus seems highly likely that Schaper was the original maker of those first-run U-boat badges, although I have never encountered any hard evidence of it.

Tim

• 2 years later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 6 years later...

This questionable badge is being flogged by a couple of related ebay.de accounts.  The give away is the three dots on the laurel leaf. Combined with the non-Schott pin on the reverse this one is a no brainer fake.

fake schott 1.jpg

fake4.jpg

fake schott 2.jpg

• 1 year later...

Screenshot_20200708_214903.thumb.jpg.04d6b08cf5d15acb0c779eb9033af0f4.jpgHi guys I'm a bit late to this party, but I have a Imperial German Juncker U-boat badge that may be of interest to you and this topic of you could cast your eyes over it and please give me advice and your critique on the matter 

Many thanks in advance 

Screenshot_20200708_214923.jpg

The badge doesn't have the Juncker design.  It appears to be based upon the Schott design with the two die flaws on the forward deck/hull.  I would have to lean towards not good.