The reverse.

Edited by dond

The repaired catch and mark.

Sorry to chime in so late, but I am still catching up on reading old posts after a long period of business travel. One possible maker of the "Walter Schott fec" badges that has not been mentioned is Hugo Schaper. Schaper made all of the Naval Aviation badges, and Hugo Schaper's brother, Fritz, was a colleague and close acquaintance of Walter Schott when the two of them were students at the Akademie der Künste, in Berlin. It thus seems highly likely that Schaper was the original maker of those first-run U-boat badges, although I have never encountered any hard evidence of it.

Tim

Very interesting Tim. Thanks for that tidbit of info.

Gents I am coming from this from an 1920s Air Ship Badge perspective. The award paperwork has Walter Schott spelled with two Ts and the badges have Schot with one T.

Why are we seeing Schot and not Schott on the period badges? Accepting that they ALL may be fake...

Help

Panda

If you look at the stamped maker mark you can clearly see that the one of the "T"s has been damaged/stem broken from the die.

Would we agree that this is also a fake copy ...... ?

P

Yes! Ugghhh, it's horrible.

Good day, gentlemen.  Please your opinion about authentic of this badge. Thanks.

14.jpg

I don't like the maker mark on this one. Of course the pics could be better.

Me neither. Don, maybe you could post those images from the latest Schott fakes on fleabay.

This questionable badge is being flogged by a couple of related ebay.de accounts.  The give away is the three dots on the laurel leaf. Combined with the non-Schott pin on the reverse this one is a no brainer fake.

fake schott 1.jpg

fake4.jpg

fake schott 2.jpg