News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

First I'd like to say, I lurk here a lot but never really have much to post so forgive me for being new. I finally have a question though.

I stumbled on these at a gun show table and they were fairly cheap so I bought them

The have been sewn on a uniform and are a bit dirty but I am fairly sure they are replicas.

They are sewn on lizen with green backing and light green piping.

What branch do these represent? They look like Panzergrenadier or Gebirgsjager color maybe.

Did these even exist in WW2 or are they a fantasy piece?

Thanks

JD

tabs.jpg

Hi JD,

Welcome aboard!jumping.gifjumping.gif One suggestion... you should probably post the reverses of these tabs as often that tells the tale.

Good luck!beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Thanks for answering, I will try to get a pic of the back side. I have them in a plastic bag here somewhere, I seem to have misplaced them at the moment. I need to clean up my work area here a little. :)

Any ideas on what units may have used this color piping on their collar tabs? that is my biggest question.

The silence is deafening LOL!, I'm guessing that no one has ever seen these color collar litzen before and that they are some sort of fantasy piece.

35 people have looked and can't identify them so they must be some weird reenactor thing.

Thanks for taking the time to look at them though,

I'll dump em on Ebay smile.gif

Thanks again

Edited by Jd Tracy

Hi JD,

Hang in there... sometimes it takes the right folks a bit to get to things. But don't give up hope. Again pics of the backs of these would definitely help. Alot can be learned from the construction of such items.

I wish I could answer this one re the colors but I'm waiting for someone more expert in these to jump in. I'll see if I can give someone a nudge for you.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Very hard to say from these pics, much sharper shots would be needed to be sure,but they could well be OK. Problem is that high quality reproductions of collar Litzen have been made for the re-enactor market for some time now and can be bought either unmounted or machine sewn onto the dark green badgecloth backing like this.

From these images though, they could be OK. The green is most likely to be the colour for Jäger/Gebirgsjäger. Panzergrenadiers adopted the green Waffenfarbe in 1942 by which time "Einheitskragenspiegeln" were being issued with the plain dark green stripe down the centre for all branches,and generally applied direct to the collar without the dark green cloth underlay.

Sorry to take so long to reply. I have been at sea a lot lately. Anyway, they could be East German Border Guard as well. I do not think that they are fake... Sharper photos are needed. Thanks again for posting!