News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Beautiful 1930s Japanese made badge for Korea visit

Gunjinantiques

Before this is gone, I wanted to share it. The writing reads: CHOSEN (Korea), KUMUGANSAN TANSHOU KAIIN SHOU (Visiting Kumgangsan Member Badge), KYUUSHUU NIPPOUSHA SHUSAI (Sponsored by Kyushu Nippousha) and SHOWA 9 NEN 10 GATSU (October of 1934). Kumgangsan is located in present day North Korea.

I know that Mount Kumgang (Kumgangsan) has very deep, almost mythical significance to Koreans, both North and South, but don't know the story behind it. Can anyone provide more info?

Hugh

I believe that it is an area of high spiritual signifigance. It is known as the Diamond mountain and the home of Buddha. Some say that it has 24,000 peaks and from them have occured 24,00 miracles. The name also changes with the four seasons.

I believe that it is an area of high spiritual signifigance. It is known as the Diamond mountain and the home of Buddha. Some say that it has 24,000 peaks and from them have occured 24,00 miracles. The name also changes with the four seasons.

The name change is something I've never heard before. I'll have to ask one of my Korean pals about it.

Thanks,

Hugh