It's 21st December, so.........

Those have got to be the ugliest things Allach ever produced. I knew a collector here who had a documented group with several of these in it,

because Reichs-heini kept giving out the SAME THING year after year after year. :speechless1::speechless: Somewhere I've seen a photo of tables of trying-to-look-surprised-and-pleased recipients with them lined up all the way along amidst the dinner. :cheeky:

Ah, for all the things that got missed in my pre-computer, pre-scan days! These actually came with an offical "award" document (every time), though on what basis one SS man got one (or two or three or....) while another didn't, I don't know. The with-paperwork group I saw years ago was to an NCO.

I still think these look like school projects that only the child's mommy would have kept! :cheeky:

On what basis one SS man got one (or two or three or....) while another didn't, I don't know.

Rick.

They were given to married SS men only. Either on marriage or at a later date. The idea was that each 'SS family' would eventually have one.

The widow of a fallen SS soldier could also receive one.