News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse 1914 / Iron Cross 1st class 1914

Dear all:

I would like to post some very nice iron crosses I have the pleasure to own. The iron cross 1914 was produced in many different variations; that makes it so interesting! I am always looking to get a particular cross, with its unique design, construction type and material.

I hope with this to stimulate a healthy exchange of knowledge; therefore, don't hesitate to post yours!

I begin with my first iron cross (maker GODET!) I bought it back in 1986 by post (there was no picture on the catalogue) for about DM 55.-. Back then it was a lot of money for a 18 years young collector!

Ciao,

Claudio

P.S.: size: 42.5 mm x 42.5 mm, weight: 17.3 g

The second is a very special iron cross with a very complicated "pin system" on the reverse. These are really scarce and are very desirable for iron cross' collectors.

Ciao,

Claudio

P.S.: size: 43.5 mm x 43.5 mm, weight: 21.7 g

Edited by Claudio

I still have pictures of a lovely Godet sidehook I used to own, I won't post them though as the cross now belongs to a friend and fellow forum member. I'm sure we can tempt him out of the woodwork with it!!!!

You know who you are ;)

Edited by Glenn R

Here's my side-hook EK that's marked "800" with no other markings. The core and other attributes are identical to the type made by Godet however. This isn't the one Glenn is referring to.... First the front:

Les

@ Glenn: beautiful examples, especially the one named... beautiful time-period "Gravur"!!! :love::beer:

@ Les: Great example, as well. I am still looking for an Iron Cross 1st class with side hooks... very rare and desirable! :love::beer:

Ciao,

Claudio