News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TWM

Rocky

Hello Gentlemen, I recently ran across another G-Star that I have a chance to purchase for my collection. Normally they are one of several makers and the decision to purchase is easy and based on condition and funds available. This particular one by this maker Is the only one I have ever seen ( FR. SEDLATZEK is the maker and they were a valid maker ). While I would like to add it to the few others I have the price is high and I would like some opinions. Thank You.

Photo 1

Wow, never seen one like this before. Looks just great!

However, Sedlatzek is not (yet) known as actual maker of just one award. He bought and re-sold awards, and assambled medal bars and ribbon bars.

LOVELY PIECE. :love:

HARD TO FIND SAMPLE.

I HOPE I FIND A SIMILAR ONE TO BUY. :jumping:

THIS ONE AND THE ONE MAHONI HAVE POSTED EARLIER HAS 2 DIFFERENCES (as far as I see from the pictures).:

1. MAHONI TWM TUGRA is solid and you can not see the red enamel between the lines

2. ROCKY TWM reverse is very smooth and see the red enamel between the Tugra's lines (Inner egg,tugs,fringes,arms and stand - http://gmic.co.uk/in...showtopic=40277 )

Edited by demir

Thank You Gentlemen for your compliments and information. I did add this example to my small collection and now have six. Except for two B. B & C all the others are different. I hope to start a small gallery of my TWMs when I have more time. This is becoming one of my favorites badges.

Thank You Gentlemen for your compliments and information. I did add this example to my small collection and now have six. Except for two B. B & C all the others are different. I hope to start a small gallery of my TWMs when I have more time. This is becoming one of my favorites badges.

No, no , no, you do not want to collect these! Look into my eyes, look into my eyes......you will not collect these.....you will send them all to me..... :D

Wellcome to the TWM Club.

:beer:

demir

• 4 weeks later...

Hello every1,

Just came acroos this GS piece, BBco original, was quite taken with it, i'd appreciate your thoughts and comments

Cheers

Murat

LOVELY PIECE. love.gif

HARD TO FIND SAMPLE.

I HOPE I FIND A SIMILAR ONE TO BUY. jumping.gif

THIS ONE AND THE ONE MAHONI HAVE POSTED EARLIER HAS 2 DIFFERENCES (as far as I see from the pictures).:

1. MAHONI TWM TUGRA is solid and you can not see the red enamel between the lines

2. ROCKY TWM reverse is very smooth and see the red enamel between the Tugra's lines (Inner egg,tugs,fringes,arms and stand - http://gmic.co.uk/in...showtopic=40277 )

Outstanding find, can we see the reverse ? A fine example and I feel certain it will not be the only one you add to your collection

because -- Collecting G-Stars is very contagious :beer:

Outstanding find, can we see the reverse ? A fine example and I feel certain it will not be the only one you add to your collection

because -- Collecting G-Stars is very contagious beer.gif

Thank you Rocky, i will post reverse photos once i have recieved the medal, i have been assured by a close friend who has personally seen this medal that is is BBCo.

cheers

Murat

Tugra looks quite simple for the quality of enamelling and there is enamel damage on that Star. It is a strange combination. I am not sure about this piece but it is my humble opinion.

Mahoni

Thank you Rocky, i will post reverse photos once i have recieved the medal, i have been assured by a close friend who has personally seen this medal that is is BBCo.

cheers

Murat

Tugra looks quite simple for the quality of enamelling and there is enamel damage on that Star. It is a strange combination. I am not sure about this piece but it is my humble opinion.

Mahoni

cheers

Murat

The enamel on this one is not what you would expect to see on a BB&Co so I look forward to seeing more photos when you get this one in hand.

The enamel also looks like a J Werner so the back will tell all - I hope. Good luck and looking forward to seeing the reverse when you get the Star.

• 2 weeks later...

The enamel also looks like a J Werner so the back will tell all - I hope. Good luck and looking forward to seeing the reverse when you get the Star.

Hi everyone, I have been sent this picture and I believe it is the reverse of the Gallipoli Star that our friend Murat has posted. It has been recently sold. So Rocky is quite right it is a Werner made example.

Mahoni

Beautiful stars throughout this post. :jumping:

Getting weak...must resist temptation to add more stars to collection...can't resist...now MUST add more stars.

What a beautiful addiction, one which has no cure but to purchase more TWM's. :lol:

Thanks for the great posts.

Regards

Brian