News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to all who gave help and support for my new book on KM awards. Wouldn't have been possible without the generous input from members here (particularly John, Martin and Jan Arne) and Skip over on GCA.

Page proofs arrived today for checking so it should be going off to the printers very soon.

John and Martin are currently helping out on proof-reading too.

Here are some samples.

Definitely another book to add to my collection. Looking really good !

I can hardly wait.:jumping:

Some tiny points for the proof readers: I noticed on the samples posted, that for each maker the city of production was appended after a comma, except it was omitted for Funcke & Brueninhaus by accident I suspect.

Also, for the F&B 1st pattern S-boot there's a discrepancy between the text and the photo caption describing the catch and retaining hook. In the text it says flat wire catch and flat wire retaining hook, whereas in the caption for the closeups it says flat metal catch and round wire hook which matches the photo. I'm being nit-picky I know.:blush: I'm really looking forward to ordering a copy!:rolleyes:

Best regards,

---Norm

I can hardly wait.:jumping:

Some tiny points for the proof readers: I noticed on the samples posted, that for each maker the city of production was appended after a comma, except it was omitted for Funcke & Brueninhaus by accident I suspect.

Also, for the F&B 1st pattern S-boot there's a discrepancy between the text and the photo caption describing the catch and retaining hook. In the text it says flat wire catch and flat wire retaining hook, whereas in the caption for the closeups it says flat metal catch and round wire hook which matches the photo. I'm being nit-picky I know.:blush: I'm really looking forward to ordering a copy!:rolleyes:

Best regards,

---Norm

Yup, these are exactly the kind of things we are correcting at the moment. The samples are the "raw" uncorrected proofs.

Page count is just under 400 pages with somewhere over 1000 photos and it will be large format, matching "Torpedo Los".

• 5 months later...

Cover design just received from Roger. At the printers right now and hopefully supplies will be in towards the end of October/early November.

Hello!

Gordon

Wow,very nice cover design.I look forward Your great New Book. :jumping: :jumping: :cheers:

All the best :beer:

Morten.

I can't wait for this one Gordon.

I know you put a lot of time and effort into this project.

I would suggest that if anyone is interested in a copy of this book then go to Bender's website in the next few weeks for updates on release and eventually,prices?

www.bender-publishing,com

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W