News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Should I flog this bar?

Hi Don,

I saw when this went up for sale. You got a nice original single Ost front for a great price. I have only seen 3 single mounted Ost front medals in my collecting time. I am not sure whay but not many of these were produced and the ones that survived are all in poor condition. I guess if you were on the Russian front you were not going to be attending any parties!

Gary

Hi Don. I think this one is OK, just falls into the "Ugly" Category. You have a nice, double-furled "South-German" style mount that has dried out and shrunk a bit, that's all.

Thanks Rick and Gary for your opinions.I have only seen a few and when this came up I grabed it.

There was a real nice one for sale about a month ago but I missed it.Good to know it is Ok,even if it is ugly :P

don

Edited by don

Dear Don,

Yes that Ost front bar from last month was a nice one. I was really surprised it stayed on the for sale section for so long. I was even more surprised that I was the first one to respond! That was the 2nd one I had seen.

Gary

Thanks Rick and Gary for your opinions.I have only seen a few and when this came up I grabed it.

There was a real nice one for sale about a month ago but I missed it.Good to know it is Ok,even if it is ugly :P

don

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Dan,

Thanks for the comment ref the Austiran mounted Ost medal. I saw this at this year's Max and bought it right away. I was surprised that it was there on the second day of the show.

Gary B