News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Opinions on these belt buckles

Hi guys....I just thought I'd start a thread on some buckles that are currently for sale in the "for sale" section. I recommended that we do this but the seller simply decided to diss me. I'm not here to start a fight....just to make sure that all is what is what. Don't get me wrong...I'll NEVER say that I know it all - I could be wrong...but I'll at least share my concerns with the buckles.

The SA buckle - well, the "feet" on the belt catch don't look like any that I've seen and the colour of the buckle looks "off"....If it's a silver SA buckle - it should be shinier....I have many in my collection to show if need be.

Again - I'm looking for more opinions.

The NSBO buckle now: the prongs have that sheared cut seen on reproductions. The other thing that casts doubt withme is the inward angle cut on the prongs. That is NOT a good sign - again: are these not seen only on reproductions.

I'd love to be proved wrong....I have no qualms about that. I would just like an open discussion on this. No harm - no foul, my friends!

Those of you who know me - know that I don't "shoot off at the mouth"....I would just like to discuss these buckles.

That said - the pictures are not mine....and again (you know me) I don't want to "take" them and post them here without the permission of the seller....so I'll just leave it up to you guys to have a look here:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=43031&view=getnewpost

Thanks for any opinions and thoughts on this one....but let's keep in mind - these are just opnions and they only mean so much! ;)

Cheers!

Rob

Hi guys....I just thought I'd start a thread on some buckles that are currently for sale in the "for sale" section. I recommended that we do this but the seller simply decided to diss me. I'm not here to start a fight....just to make sure that all is what is what. Don't get me wrong...I'll NEVER say that I know it all - I could be wrong...but I'll at least share my concerns with the buckles.

The SA buckle - well, the "feet" on the belt catch don't look like any that I've seen and the colour of the buckle looks "off"....If it's a silver SA buckle - it should be shinier....I have many in my collection to show if need be.

Again - I'm looking for more opinions.

The NSBO buckle now: the prongs have that sheared cut seen on reproductions. The other thing that casts doubt withme is the inward angle cut on the prongs. That is NOT a good sign - again: are these not seen only on reproductions.

I'd love to be proved wrong....I have no qualms about that. I would just like an open discussion on this. No harm - no foul, my friends!

Those of you who know me - know that I don't "shoot off at the mouth"....I would just like to discuss these buckles.

That said - the pictures are not mine....and again (you know me) I don't want to "take" them and post them here without the permission of the seller....so I'll just leave it up to you guys to have a look here:

http://gmic.co.uk/in...view=getnewpost

Thanks for any opinions and thoughts on this one....but let's keep in mind - these are just opnions and they only mean so much! wink.gif

Cheers!

Rob

Good morning everyone,

Stay tuned, I will post more detailed pictures on this thread later today but just an added note now. The prongs on the NSBO buckle are straight.. I used a wide angle lens for the shot.

Frank

Frank,

I think that both your buckles are authentic although the "feet" on the SA are indeed very seldom seen as Rob has said. I have similar ones on a very early HJ and on an R.S&S Heer so I know they do exist.

In the future if you have used a lens, the optical qualities of which are known to cause distortion, tell us about it. That way we can compensate somewhat for the inconsistencies we note.

It's also very helpful to use correct lighting. You don't have to be a collector to see that much of the SA buckle cannot be seen due to the glare. You really can't expect folks to pay money for something they can't see.

Your father may well have brought back some or all of those items. I don't doubt you although not knowing you I'd not place any stock in the story. What I do know, because I've run across it more than once in my time, is that vets, sometimes years after their return, wished they had brought some souvenirs home. So they went out and picked up a few things. Maybe they had some items and wanted another such as the iconic Iron Cross in particular. Reproductions were plentiful in the 1960s and lots ended up in vets shadow boxes as reminders of their time in service. The vets did not do this to deceive as they themselves often did not know what they were buying. After all, to many a collector one EK looks just like all the rest. These items get outed years later when relatives attempt sales much as you are doing now.

In light of the above Rob's request to discuss your buckles was not unreasonable. Your reply however was out of line and an apology is in order. As your sale thread will disappear in time I'm going to copy your response to him here so that others will know what your attitude was like. It may provide them with some insight that will assist them in deciding if it's worth dealing with you in the future.

"Ha Ha Ha.. People will never know how stupid you are if you don't open your mouth. My father came back from WWII and these buckles, the unfired P-38 in a shoulder holster, the 1893 Austrian costabulary revolver, the Velo-Dog folding trigger hammerless revolver, the General Schutz medal (that I sold Paul C a year ago) and several shoe boxes of other small German war memorbilia that has all been untouched since '45. Unless they were making repo's back then .. everything I have is absolutely authentic.

That said, let me add that I am not a collector and don't give a hoot what it sells for as long as it seems like fair price but not being a collector, how can I possibly put a price on various items? Last year, my dealing with Rick and Paul was just great.. seems like the folks over in this category don't like a newbe or like to give newbies a hard time. I'm not here to give anyone a hard time .. I just want to sell the stuff, ship it out and make sure the buyer is happy.

Make me an offer on anything and to meet the category guidelines lets put the SA buckle at $250 and the NSBO buckle at $300. Not being able to fix a price on the values I may be high so make me an offer if you're interested.

Thank you all for the interesting Sunday night .. from deep within the Arizona high desert .. thank you. "

Stu

Sorry guys.. spent the week helping a neighbor patch fencing along a 1 mile stretch where elk had broken through. I've got 8 fresh pictures that I'll try and post. My dad was a house painter raising 5 kids and had no money to buy things he wished he brought back.

belt1.jpg

belt2.jpg

belt3.jpg

belt4.jpg

belt5.jpg

belt6.jpg

belt7.jpg

belt8.jpg

Those pics are perfect! Just what was needed to confirm these are good or not....and that said: I like what I see. As I had mentioned - I thought the SA might have a chance - just not used to seeing the feet like that. The NSBO (in the first pics posted) gave the impression of having the dreaded reverse cut prongs - these pics show that it isn't the case. Still have a bit of a sheared look - but that is fine.

I appreciate seeing these pictures and putting any doubts to rest!

Rob