News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Royal Canadian Mounted Police commemorative pins

A field of collecting that is related to the RCMP is that of collecting commemorative pins with an RCMP theme. Some of these are produced by the different units of the RCMP themselves. rather than mix these in with the RCMP uniform thread, here is a companion thread for these pins. If others have more then please feel free to add them here. In most cases the pins are self explanatory so I will avoid too much comment.

In no particular order, here we go ...

Hi - Paul. Pins are not my interest - however, I will say that some of the ones you show will be of great interest to the collectors.

What I did think interesting was the progression of cap badges from 1873. This of course, was the foundation year of the North West Mounted Police and they have kept quite faithfully to the original design. I wonder who actually thought of the Bison Head ? The uncontrolled killing of these animals is what lead to the Little Big Horn - followed by the Sioux Nation under Chief Sitting Bull, entering into Canada.