News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Onlile source for French medal

ELamontagne

Hi all,

I would like to add new pieces to my french medal and order collection and I'm looking for a good and honest online dealer. I had lived about 1 years in France and buy most of my stuff over there in antique shops, markets and none of the person I met had a website!

So, if any of you can recommend me a good online source that will be very appreciate!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Looking at the prices mentioned on the site suggested above, I would certainly recommend getting in touch with the French Gorvernment Mint which sells current French orders and decorations at good reference prices for brand new badges.

The adress is : Administration des Monnaies et Médailles

Quai de Conti

F75005 PARIS FRANCE

I would expect them to have sufficient commercial savy to receive and understand mail written in English. In fact, you might find their catalogue and prices (in French and in Euro) with the help of your favorite site-finder.

Kindly keep us posted with the success of your efforts. Good luck and pleasant collectiong !

Regards

Veteran

Edited by Veteran

I also find those price very high and I have to said, something I should had mention on my first message, that I had no interest in buying a brand new decoration direct from the fabric because to me they have no historical value.

Your tips to the Administration des Monnaies et Médailles may have been usefull if they had keep making some very old and almost impossible to find medals and orders...unfortunatly they don't! Just as a reference their website is : http://www.monnaiedeparis.fr I do not think I'll buy anything from them but their website will goes in my bookmarks for reference materials, so I thank you very much for that! :)

As a matter of price its not better then the first website...

As a exemple : Ordre des Palmes académiques Chevalier :

Monnaie de Paris 65 euro

Arthur Bertrand 64 euro

Get lucky on ebay or at the free market in France : not more then 20-30 euro!!!

I have dealt with Robert Seniso a few times and find him very honest, charming and knowledgeable.

http://www.seniso.com/accueil.aspx

He has a stock not shown on his website - yet - and he is very approachable.

PK